•  

storm damage

July 23, 2016, 11:24 AM

The storm from earlier this week took down a lot of branches and trees at the ridge.  There is also derailleur-eating branches littering the trail everywhere.  We did what we could by hand up the new climb, but there are still 2 trees that will need a saw to take care of on that trail alone.  Lots of mosquitoes and very humid so we gave up clearing debris after the climb, took the sand down, (also a lot of erosion) and found a lot of sand moved from the hill on to the lower trails.  The trail surface is a yellow, but the downed trees make it red.  Don't go out unless you plan on doing some work!

XXX

July 25, 2016, 03:53 PM

I went out today and cleared branches from Dizzy. There is a large tree down at the end of Bottoms Up that will need a saw. I was able to clear a tree from the middle run of Three Sisters. There are still plenty of leaves and small branches down at the beginning and end of Dizzy, so if someone were so inclined, a rake or leaf blower would be useful.
    I didn't walk any of the other trails, so not sure of their status. The trail itself is pretty firm aside from a couple of soft spots.