Is the "blacktop trail" a shorter track that loops near the large hill entrance of the old trail?
There is also a crumbling stretch of asphalt that runs behind the backstop of that small park that could use some attention from the overgrown brush etc.
I haven’t got much feedback on getting together for some trail work, so I may not make it out there until a little later. I must have just missed you yesterday Justin, I was Able to get the rest of the downed tree off the trail in the central area As well as another downed tree on the newer section Of the trail. I weed whipped the new trails Along the north-East of the area, but didn’t get the entirety of it.
I’ll update here on any work I get done as I’m sure others will too.
Thanks for organizing the trail work on the 19th. Unfortunately I can't make it but I had some free time and I haven't contributed in a long time so I did a little work out there this morning. The trails looked good and there were very few mosquitoes. A few notes:
- I cut down the branch across the blacktop trail and moved it out of the way.
- I cut down the big branch across the trail in the middle of the park. When someone stronger or a group is there they can drag it off the path.
- There was another tree down across the new trail near the national guard fence. I didn't cut this one up because I was out of time.
- If someone wants to do some cutting there is a small yellow bow saw that is always at the park. I last saw it hanging from a tree near the bmx style trail area.
- Of the trails I walked, the old trails just seemed like they needed a few branches trimmed with a loppers. The trails from this year are overgrown already and will need more work.
- If someone could bring a garbage bag there is broken glass on the trail next to the baseball fields. Otherwise not much garbage.
- There is a bicycle parking sign and post next to the trail. I can't help but assume this is stolen. This makes us look bad. If it is stolen and the person who put it there is reading this please put the sign back where you found it.
I wasn't suggesting that you shouldn't use a chainsaw, only suggesting alternatives if you can't find one.
And I don't believe cranks have gotten any longer
OK, so with fall/winter coming in, I'm going to try and get as much fall riding as I can, so night riding is going to be a thing for me this fall (first time)...But I'm not sure which trails permit night riding.
So, rather than try and figure out what trails I "can" ride, it might be easier to tell me which ones I "can't" ride...
For example, I think Blackhawk closes at dark correct? But Camrock does permit night riding up to like 10PM correct?
Pleasant View allows night riding. If there is a curfew I am not familiar with it.