•  

Thursday Night Rides! Meet at CamRock Garage. No-drop. Ride at 6p.

singletrackminx

March 06, 2014, 09:21 AM

Have to say I've never been so disappointed in a bike shop than I was with CamRock Sport this weekend. They lost my business for good. Heathers has much cheaper food and beverage and way better customer service.

Sad I was really excited for the new CamRock Sport owners until I had the unpleasant experience of dealing with them. Guess I'm not important enough for them. Oh well, heathers it is.

XXX
    TheMayor1
    Trail Steward - CamRock
    Trail Steward
    608-772-7833

March 06, 2014, 08:25 AM

I'll see you out there Chuck.
    Looking forward to it Thom! Anyone else going to chime in? It's going to be a great night for riding!

~ Chuck Hutchens

XXX

March 06, 2014, 07:35 AM

I'll see you out there Chuck.

XXX
    TheMayor1
    Trail Steward - CamRock
    Trail Steward
    608-772-7833

March 05, 2014, 10:02 PM

Wait. Can this be true? Are we finally looing at some perfect weather for the weekly ride? Finally? I am not sure I believe it. The weather dudes are saying it should be 24 degrees at 6p tomorrow. And 0% chance of precip. And believe it or not it won't even be dark yet at ride time. Things should be perfect! I can hardly wait!

So get on out here for the Thursday Night Ride. Round 'em up at the CamRock Sport parking area at 6. Ride for awhile. Then back to CamRock Sport for some libations afterwards. Derek will keep the coolers open for us. If you need to eat plan to do that ahead of time as the kitchen will be shut down by the time we get back.

Hope to see you tomorrow for the last dark Thursday Night until fall. Yes, time springs ahead this weekend, and by next Thursday it won't be dark until well after 7p :o

~ Chuck Hutchens

XXX
    TheMayor1
    Trail Steward - CamRock
    Trail Steward
    608-772-7833

February 27, 2014, 11:34 PM

^ LMAO!

So I got that going for me....which is nice.

~ Chuck Hutchens

XXX
    Nelson
    Former Club President
    I ride bikes

February 27, 2014, 10:33 PM

~ i like social d

XXX
    TheMayor1
    Trail Steward - CamRock
    Trail Steward
    608-772-7833

February 27, 2014, 09:10 PM

-5 when I got off the trail tonight. On the positive side the trails were not crowded at all. I wonder why ;D The trails are firm and fast. Tons of fun. The snow is even firm enough to use it like berms on a lot of corners. Way fun.

But a bit lonely out there. Just me and the few critters still moving. Really a beautiful night if you could stand the cold. Clear and bright. Tons of stars. And almost total silence. I think I achieved total consciousness.

~ Chuck Hutchens

XXX
    TheMayor1
    Trail Steward - CamRock
    Trail Steward
    608-772-7833

February 25, 2014, 10:01 AM

Time to start a new tradition. The Thursday Night Rides at CamRock!
    My new schedule means I am not often enough able to make the Monday Night rides. And as the de-facto leader of this rag-tag bunch of hooligans I want to make this happen on a regular basis. So I am moving the night. Sorry to break up one of the highest viewed posts on the forums Bonner. But it had to happen ;)
    I travel a fair bit for work, so there is no guarantee I can make every Thursday. But it should be more often than the Monday Nights. It's a high priority in my weekly plans. And I like the idea of it being a start to the weekend as well.
    So come on out! Have a fun ride with some other cool fellow mountain bikers. Stick around a for a beverage or two afterwards. Let the conversations follow from there. Lets face it, there are a few times when you are mailing it in on Friday anyway :) Who knows, you might get some plans going for an awesome weekend ride with new friends as well.
    Yes this will start effective immediately. If the trails are open we are riding! The snow and cold does not stop the riding in these parts. Yes I realize that if it is 10 below at ride time I might be riding alone. That is just fine, I will have the trails to myself. No waiting for you slackers, or dodging dog walkers ;)
    Once the weather warms we will continue on with the fun. I will admit I can't wait until that first warm spring evening putting back a fine micro-brew after a good ride. Good times for sure.
    See you at CamRock Sport. 6p. Every Thursday.

~ Chuck Hutchens

« Last Edit: June 26, 2019, 09:43 PM by Renegade Rick »