•  

Work Day May 16th!

May 12, 2015, 10:46 AM

For this weekend's workday we will be beginning finishing work on the new singletrack corridor to the west.

Details:

Where: Middleton Bike Park (located at the Pleasant View Golf Course)
    When: 8:30am - 12:30 PM

There will be donuts and juice located at the trailhead/pumptrack in the morning and lunch provided by Niner in conjunction with their demo in the afternoon.

Work gloves and long pants are suggested as well will be digging and moving through areas will brush, some of which is thorny.

XXX
    imwjl
    Middleton Bike Park Trail Steward
    Trail Steward

May 15, 2015, 01:55 PM

Just a few hours of your time and we could have a few miles!

In past weeks and months Aaron, Ron, William and city staff have worked out and cleared the corridor for a few miles of single track at Pleasant View (aka Middleton Bike Park). Some of this is roughed in and ready. A good turnout Saturday means a few miles of neat terrain will be ready to ride. We hope to see you there.

Niner bikes and Motorless Motion are helping with the day. Food and bike demos will follow the trail work.

The trail work is rain or shine. So is the club house local beer. Please check the events here and say you’re going in order to help us plan.

XXX
    augs
    Former President
    Board Member

May 18, 2015, 11:10 PM

Thanks to everyone who came out and worked, and thanks to Niner for the pizza and demo rides.

We got quite a bit done, though there is still alot to do.  There is single-track more or less to the end of the park, though  it gets pretty rough the further you go.  Some of this is cut through prairie, so it badly needs riders to keep the prairie from reclaiming it, which will happen in a matter of weeks this time of year.  So if you have a little bit of time and are looking for a short ride near town, give it a couple passes, and you can call it trail work!

XXX
    nor
    Trail Steward - Cross Plains
    Trail Steward

May 20, 2015, 11:21 AM

Planning to build and extend the single track tonight starting around 5pm.  Walk the current trail west until you find me.  Perfect night for working on trail.  Send me a PM if you plan to come and I will grab some extra tools.

~ crushing it