•  

Thank you berm builders!

Bin
    aka Ben

June 29, 2015, 10:23 AM

I got out on QR for the first time this year on Saturday and I was blown away by how much better it is than last year and especially how nice the berms are now.  Dizzy and the Tunnel Trail in particular have some really sweet, polished, flowy berms that are so much fun to ride.  I also love the new table top jumps on dizzy (perfect for folks wanting to learn some jumping in a low risk situation).  I had so much fun I left feeling like I owe someone a beer.

I also tried B Line which was kind of fun but maybe a bit out of my comfort level. I think I'll like it with time.  I didn't get to try Drop Zone yet as it looked like it was holding a lot of water form what I could see on the main loop descent but it looked really fun too.

Big thanks to everyone who put in hours out there this spring, especially on the less glamorous role of cleaning up existing trail rather than building new. 

XXX
    TheMayor1
    Trail Steward - CamRock
    Trail Steward
    608-772-7833

June 30, 2015, 10:11 AM

I got out on QR for the first time this year on Saturday and I was blown away by how much better it is than last year and especially how nice the berms are now.  Dizzy and the Tunnel Trail in particular have some really sweet, polished, flowy berms that are so much fun to ride.  I also love the new table top jumps on dizzy (perfect for folks wanting to learn some jumping in a low risk situation).  I had so much fun I left feeling like I owe someone a beer.

I also tried B Line which was kind of fun but maybe a bit out of my comfort level. I think I'll like it with time.  I didn't get to try Drop Zone yet as it looked like it was holding a lot of water form what I could see on the main loop descent but it looked really fun too.

Big thanks to everyone who put in hours out there this spring, especially on the less glamorous role of cleaning up existing trail rather than building new.
    Awesome post! Great to hear the love for the folks that are out there making it happen!

Remember folks, if you want to help click the upper right "GET INVOLVED" button. If for whatever reason you can't make it out to work on trails, joining IMBA/CORP and a few bucks thrown toward CORP all help to make it happen. We are working to make it easier so anyone who wants to help get involved, which of course should be anyone that rides a bike on these trails. The cool folks are the ones who make it happen for everyone else 8)

~ Chuck Hutchens

XXX

July 01, 2015, 05:16 PM

Thanks Bin. It's good to hear some feedback. See you on the trail!