•  

CamRock Trail Posse, Take Three

Dave Reece
    Trail Steward | Battle of CamRock Race Conductor
    Trail Steward

July 07, 2015, 08:02 AM

Got the trail mowed from the roundabout to the section Dave mowed.  Thanks Dave! 
    The mower did die a few times tonight.  After sitting for a minute it did start up again.  I noticed the insulation had been removed from the gas line.  That did seem to help keep the engine running.
    FYI, most of the gas cans in the garage are empty.
    The issue with the mower stalling isn't the tiny bit of insulation that was on the fuel  line but that the fuel cap is not breathing properly and the carburetor gasket needs replacing as well. I'll have it fixed soon.

Thanx for mowing!

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

~ Cheers!

Dave Reece
    Camrock Trail Crew

XXX

July 07, 2015, 10:00 PM

THANKS!

I was about to go for a road ride when I saw the green light at Camrock today. I'm amazed at how fast this trail dries. The conditions were perfect today. I really appreciate all of the hard work everyone puts in to make this trail awesome. I owe you all a beer.

XXX
    TheMayor1
    Trail Steward - CamRock
    608-772-7833

July 07, 2015, 11:58 PM

THANKS!

I was about to go for a road ride when I saw the green light at Camrock today. I'm amazed at how fast this trail dries. The conditions were perfect today. I really appreciate all of the hard work everyone puts in to make this trail awesome. I owe you all a beer.
    Just leave a tab at CamRock Sport, or the Rockdale Bar 8)
    I am sure the Posse would gladly make use of it :)

~ Chuck Hutchens

XXX
    TheMayor1
    Trail Steward - CamRock
    608-772-7833

July 31, 2015, 09:59 AM

We recovered amazingly from that big storm. Great job to everyone who was able to pitch in!
    Now we are up for the prairie's (possibly) last trim of the year. Beleive it or not a lot of the bg prairie stuff is done growing for the year. There is even evidence of die-back on some of the plants. Really the stuff right alongside the trail is not bad. It's the farther out stuff that is falling over onto the trail. And in a couple of spots there are low-hanging branches or plants. Lots of face-slappers, arm-grabbers, and head-bangers. I would say that is the first priority. A pass with the Hedge trimmer at about a 45 degree angle to "lay back" the tall plants will do wonders. These plants are so tall that they are falling over onto the trail. Mowing would be second. With a good trim back of the Stihl Kombi Trimmer it's prolly possible to hold off on mowing for another couple of weeks. And then that should be the last mow for the year, but don't hold me to that.
    As usual I will to try and do a quick review of where the trails stand today as I know it.

Let me know if and where I am wrong on what is needed: 
    White River, Beaver Hole & Fat Tracks -  Sun Prairie Youth Cycling Team - All need a trimming to lay back the really tall plants first. Mowing would be second.
    IMBA Influence and Veritas Loop - Thom Hineline -  All good.
    Outback - Thom Hineline - All good.
    CORP Connector: From Expert woods south through Rip N' Ride to Roundabout - Jeff Mueller - Needs to be laid back. Mowing second.
    CORP Connector: From Roundabout north through Burr Oak Breezeway to Expert Woods - Scott Mills - Needs to be laid back. Mowing second. Some head bangers and face-slappers as well.
    Cliff Edge - Scott Filter? - Unrideable. Needs mowing and trimming. Trying to contact Scott to see if he is willing to take this over.
    Turn It Up, Stonefly, Corkscrew, Rattlesnake. - Scott Fenton - All good.
    Would Chuck? & Mayors Meander - Scott Fenton - Would Chuck could use a trim. Not urgent, and not a big area.
    Beer Run, Beer Cave, Gettin' Started, Kids Trail, and Drop In - Mike Pett - Mostly great. The kids trail needs some love. Let me know if you can get to it or not.

Please don't take this as anything other than my attempt at a roundup to see where we are at.
    See josh's post on using he Stihl Kombi Trimmer. Please post up if you can get out this weekend. We definitely have priority over what he would like to use it for this weekend. http://www.madcitydirt.com/index.php?topic=3081.msg20701#msg20701

~ Chuck Hutchens

XXX

August 04, 2015, 07:49 PM

Is the Kombi/Hedge trimmer at the shed in Cambridge? 

I went to give it a work out today, and I didn't see it.  Not sure if someone had taken it out for a spin on a nice sunny afternoon.

Shout right out if you know where it is, I'd like to get my filthy little mitts on it in the next couple days.

thanks

j

~ Heavily caffeinated, for your protection.

XXX
    TheMayor1
    Trail Steward - CamRock
    608-772-7833

August 04, 2015, 11:58 PM

OK we tracked down the Kombi Trimmer. I think Josh officially owes Jeff Mueller a beer. The weekend posted on another thread got a bit long :P
    Thanks for getting out there and trying to get the trail back in shape Jeff.
    As we talked earlier. If folks can try and post up when they plan to be out it might save a trip. And if you are going to be using tools try and post that up as well. And please try and stick to that or re-post the change of plans.
    Thanks for everything you hard-working folks do to keep CamRock great 8)

~ Chuck Hutchens

XXX
    JHenry
    Technical Terrain (TTF) Crew

August 05, 2015, 07:27 AM

Sorry about that  :-[ As penance I was thinking about trimming Fat Tracks to open up some sight lines. I've had a few close encounters along there this summer :o
    XXX
    TheMayor1
    Trail Steward - CamRock
    608-772-7833

October 07, 2015, 04:49 PM

Derek Nelson and I got out and trimmed up the trails along the creek today. Mainly the White River and Beaver Hole sections. We also took care of that blind-when-overgrown corner near the creek on Fat Tracks.
    It should be riding really nice now and for the rest of the fall season!

~ Chuck Hutchens