•  

Anyone aware of this?

July 30, 2012, 04:42 PM

https://www.imba.com/civicrm/event/info?reset=1&id=239

Got this e-mail from IMBA and don't see anything on it here so thought I should ask.

XXX
    TheMayor1
    Trail Steward - CamRock
    Trail Steward
    608-772-7833

July 30, 2012, 11:40 PM

Um...yeah we are aware. And it is legit. Maybe we have done too good of a job of talking about this only on the BOD forum and not to the general public?
    We definitely want people to be there. So plan on coming out!
    This is a real feather in our cap to have the IMBA Trail Care Crew coming to our trails again :D

~ Chuck Hutchens

« Last Edit: July 31, 2012, 07:41 AM by Nate Woolever »

XXX

July 31, 2012, 12:30 AM

what's the BOD forum? Newbie here.

XXX
    imwjl
    Middleton Bike Park Trail Steward
    Trail Steward

July 31, 2012, 07:16 AM

what's the BOD forum? Newbie here.

Hi,

BOD is board of directors. We're the elected and appointed members of the dirt bike posse who work at managing it all and lighting a spark under what we love.

The details, bylaws and more are all on the site here.

http://www.madcitydirt.com/?page_id=320

There are no membership requirements for joining the fun but paid IMBA membership and selecting CORP as your chapter entitles you to vote, run for office and the membership fees help pay for our insurance, tools, events and fun.

XXX

July 31, 2012, 11:28 AM

Cool, should have been able to figure that out, my brain....I joined IMBA about a month and a half ago and of course CORP as my chapter. New to all this, but impressed by the level of organization. Unfortunately my restaurant job in the Dells is keeping me at six days/week and the distance to most trails is limiting. There is a smallish hiking trail in Reedsburg where I live that has some potential but even if I get permission I could hardly do it alone. Anyway, I look forward to being whatever asset I can to the scene.

XXX
    Nate W.
    Club Raconteur

July 31, 2012, 12:38 PM

I grew up in Reedsburg and my family (parents and brother) still lives there.  There is a complete lack of mountain bike trail within an hour of there...probably a bit over an hour.  Devil's Lake doesn't count in my book right now.  Devil's Head used to be decent, but that's no longer.

It's an area that could definitely use some trails!  Badger will help...