•  

Two Fat Bike Races

February 05, 2015, 09:45 AM

I'm not sure if I can make the race to help, but I definitely may try to ski out there Fri or Sat to check it out and pack what little I can down.

~ Go Big or Go Home

XXX
    TheMayor1
    Trail Steward - CamRock
    Trail Steward
    608-772-7833

February 05, 2015, 09:53 AM

No way I can swing racing into my schedule this weekend. But I plan to get out there for a bit and bring the family. It looks to be a fun time, and I want to show support for the efforts Middleton and CORP are going through to put this on. I also plan to throw a few coins in the kitty to help out CORP as well.

~ Chuck Hutchens

XXX
    Tom Harron
    Former Club President
    Former President and Race Director of Battle of CR

February 05, 2015, 10:57 AM

I'll be out there a full complement of photo gear documenting the event.

TJ Harron Photography
    tjharronphotography.com

XXX

February 05, 2015, 11:26 AM

Nice! The event will definitely be captured for posterity. I wish it was going to be sunny, because the place looks really nice that way.

Also, Focal Flame will be shooting for the Madison Area Sports Commission (there are a number of media outlets looking for stuff). Theres a PR agency shooting for Middleton Tourism. And there's an aerial photographer (who teaches it at UW) who's going to do some video from the air.

XXX

February 07, 2015, 12:45 PM

I'm pretty sure I know the guy w/ the UAV from UW.

I was skiing on the XC trails (but not bike course) and the bike course looks wide and very fast. If it warms up a bit more today or there's some freezing precip tomorrow it should make for some "exciting" racing.

~ Go Big or Go Home

XXX
    TheMayor1
    Trail Steward - CamRock
    Trail Steward
    608-772-7833

February 08, 2015, 01:19 PM

I hope things go well out there today. Turned out to be too much running getting to my flight for me to make it out for a short time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

~ Chuck Hutchens

XXX
    Tom Harron
    Former Club President
    Former President and Race Director of Battle of CR

February 08, 2015, 06:33 PM

XXX
    MyCow

February 08, 2015, 09:25 PM

I had my GoPro running for the beginning of the B race. Here are a few minutes of everyone floundering around. What a blast! :)