•  

CORP Epic

farmguy
    Trail Steward - The Farm
    Trail Steward

August 18, 2020, 06:01 AM

I'm thinking of doing the CORP Epic 100K (short route) this weekend Aug 22. Wondering if anyone would be interested in joining me?
    My plan would be to start at my house and ride the Farm first, then head towards Cross Plains going clockwise.
    Leaving about 8 AM.

~ Here uncultivated acres wait prime for adventure....back 40

« Last Edit: August 18, 2020, 08:44 PM by farmguy »

XXX

August 18, 2020, 01:14 PM

Going to give the 100m route another shot on Friday.

XXX

August 23, 2020, 11:55 AM

Any thoughts on adding a route for the entire CORP trail system?  With nothing better to do this summer I've given a thought to try hitting all 13 trail systems in a day.  I created a rough route myself but it doesn't include any of the trails themselves.  The route with roads alone is 128 miles and with trails could be roughly 160-190 miles.

XXX

August 23, 2020, 12:52 PM

Jacob M did a version of that loop this weekend, but without Sun Prairie and most of Blue Mounds. He posted his route over on the Corp 100 Facebook page. I think it was 142 miles.

If you could overcome the logistics, a point to point route from CamRock to Blue Mounds would save some miles. Or, turn it into an overnight bikepacking ride and camp at Blue Mounds. Doing it all in one day would be a feat.

XXX
    augs
    Former President
    Board Member

August 24, 2020, 06:32 PM

Get it in quick; a small system we've been working on out in Sauk Prairie is about to officially open; that should definitely get you over 200 miles.

XXX
    imwjl
    Middleton Bike Park Trail Steward
    Trail Steward

May 08, 2021, 09:58 PM

I'm interested in CORP 100 2021.

I rode out to CP today to think about this. The drop bar bike is slow going on the trails but might be better for road, gravel and urban stretches.