•  

New trail between ambulance and sisters

November 25, 2012, 08:13 PM

I cleared out an old rogue trail today that we recently got approval for. It's rideable but not quite done. It turns off the sisters trail down the rocky gully that the re-route passes by. Go check it out and let us know what you think!

Sent from my Motorola Electrify using Tapatalk 2

XXX

November 26, 2012, 02:11 PM

I was tempted to ride that path when I saw it riding the new sisters trail.  It looked fun and potentially challenging.  I'm glad to know it's actually a trail now.  Hopefully I can get out to ride it today or tomorrow.  Thanks again for putting the work in for us!

XXX
    blackbike (Scot E)
    None more black

November 26, 2012, 02:31 PM

map?

~ Look up on the wall baby, hand me down my shootin' iron.
    Call your mother long distance, tell her to expect your body home.

XXX

November 26, 2012, 04:17 PM

Once we have all the new trail corridors flagged I'll re-map the place with gps. It comes out down by the bottom of the ambulance trail if that helps you find it.

Sent from my Motorola Electrify using Tapatalk 2

XXX

November 28, 2012, 07:49 PM

Speaking of that rogue trail... we should get the Rogue out to pull some brush this Sat. morning (8-10ish) and have him fine tune that trail while he's there.  Rogue I bet you are lurking.  We need kickers with flow, give us some jive.

XXX

December 01, 2012, 03:15 PM

Holy crap, that's the trail I remember!  When I first went out to QR a few years ago I walked up this rough, leaf covered trail that had lots of cool concrete blocks and a couple small berms.  Then I actually got a decent MTB and started learning the QR trails but never saw that trail again.  This is totally it!

Anyway, I rode the new trail today.  It's a really cool trail and I think it would be even more fun if we smooth out the second half in a few spots.  Would that be OK if I worked on some of those ~4" or so bump/ruts to smooth them down and make the trail smoother/faster?  I think this could be one of my favorite trails once it gets ridden in more and I learn to ride it better/faster.  Maybe room for a medium sized tabletop in that open, straighter area near the beginning of the trail?  Or do you want to keep this one more natural-ish?

« Last Edit: December 01, 2012, 03:17 PM by firstRWD »

XXX

December 19, 2012, 11:17 AM

My vision was natural but we'll see. Feel free to buff it out a little. Sorry I didn't see this earlier, might be too late now..

XXX

December 21, 2012, 01:50 AM

No big deal.  It'll still be there next spring.