•  

Weekly Quarry Ridge Ride?

August 02, 2013, 01:31 PM

If we get a weekly work/ride started at Quarry Ridge we could have 4 nights a week of standing rides for people to choose from. If we get a small group to agree to share leading this ride (I'll will when I can), then we should be able to keep this a pretty consistent event.

I think Wed night at 6pm makes for a reasonable time. Any takers on helping out with this?

XXX

August 02, 2013, 02:04 PM

It's something I would consider if I wasn't already in Fitchburg with work being done at 4 and not wanting to sit around until 6.  If there are riders that can do a 4:30, I would be happy to lead that option.

~ Burn rubber

XXX

August 02, 2013, 02:06 PM

fyi, there's a social ride at BH on Wednesdays traditionally, however this would work for non-BH members I guess.

XXX

August 02, 2013, 02:16 PM

fyi, there's a social ride at BH on Wednesdays traditionally, however this would work for non-BH members I guess.

Too many group rides to choose from is a good problem to have I guess. 

XXX

August 02, 2013, 03:14 PM

I really want to get something going, and Wednesdays would work for me. With so many other trails, it's hard to make everyone happy. Let's make sure we aren't competing with another CORP ride and start the event.

I can certainly lead group rides and help coordinate things. The problem is I end up out of town randomly for work and it is tough to be commit to an event that I have to lead. It's much easier if others step up and/or the event becomes regular without a leader needed.

XXX

August 02, 2013, 03:57 PM

Jeff, I could be a backup leader to you when you're out of town.

I really want to get something going, and Wednesdays would work for me. With so many other trails, it's hard to make everyone happy. Let's make sure we aren't competing with another CORP ride and start the event.

I can certainly lead group rides and help coordinate things. The problem is I end up out of town randomly for work and it is tough to be commit to an event that I have to lead. It's much easier if others step up and/or the event becomes regular without a leader needed.

XXX

August 03, 2013, 11:46 AM

Love the weekly ride idea for QR.  I could do 4:30 or 6pm till the snow flys, and also function as a back up leader if needed.  With the kid school activities of fall, I think planned rides are easier for many folks... who have families.
     Love the new trails at the top guys.
    Have some more small trail ideas to bounce off everyone.

XXX
    augs
    Former President
    Board Member

August 04, 2013, 08:04 AM

I would show up, at least occasionally.  The BH rides have been pretty lightly attended, so I don't think this would step on anyone's toes.  6:00 works for me; actually, if anyone is interested, I would start around 5:00 at Quarry Park and ride a bit there before heading out to QR to meet at 6:00; it is about 25 minutes out the Southwest/Cannonball/MR trails; more miles and no time in the car. 

I am probably not ready to throw in the towel on trying to get folks to ride at BH, so I would likely be up for every other week.

XXX

August 04, 2013, 09:30 PM

New member here, also new to Wisconsin and to quarry ridge but I've had a blast trying it out this weekend. A weekly group ride would be awesome to get to know All you guys. Any day works for me as long as its around 6pm.

XXX

August 06, 2013, 10:38 AM

I'm fairly new here as well, ridden here once so far and enjoyed it. I'd be up for an organized ride maybe every other week. Wednesdays work for me as well.

~ Go Big or Go Home

XXX

August 06, 2013, 04:55 PM

Wed 6pm is good for me.  I will  have occassional unmissable kid events but should be semi consistent at least.

What are the other ride nights?  Monday- camrock...

XXX

August 06, 2013, 09:25 PM

I'm setting it up for a weekly ride - Wed at 6 pm. Thanks for people willing to take the lead. Several of us will need to take the lead to make this a fun weekly event.

XXX
    TheMayor1
    Trail Steward - CamRock
    Trail Steward
    608-772-7833

August 06, 2013, 10:25 PM

Wed 6pm is good for me.  I will  have occassional unmissable kid events but should be semi consistent at least.

What are the other ride nights?  Monday- camrock...
    Monday. 6p. Meet at CamRock Sport. I plan to make this a regular event for me the rest of the season. And with a Fat Bike my season never ends ;)
    Tuesday Night Dirt at Middleton Bike Park. I think 6p as well? Short work. Then ride and brews on the deck afterward.
    Now Wednesday Nights at Quarry Ridge.
    Who is going to get Thursday Nights going? The Farm or Blue Mound?
    Hopefully after CORPfest we will get the weekend social rides going as well. We are heading into the best part of the riding season in WI. Beautiful fall riding!

~ Chuck Hutchens

XXX

August 07, 2013, 09:43 AM

Thursday nights are work and ride at Quarry Park (yea yea, not official CORP turf) at 6pm.

XXX
    Tim Barber
    Board Member at Large

August 07, 2013, 10:16 AM

Thursday nights are work and ride at Quarry Park (yea yea, not official CORP turf) at 6pm.

No reason we can't have two organized events.  Not everyone rides at Q.P. And, I would venture to guess that not everyone who rides Q.P. can get out to the outlying trails during the week.