•  

Blackhawk Field Day 8/4

augs
    Former President
    Board Member

July 22, 2012, 10:09 PM

Mountain Bike Field Day at Blackhawk--Saturday, August 4th from 10-2

Come out and see what is happening this summer with the mountain bike trails at Blackhawk Ski Club.  Guided tours of the trails for all ability levels, including beginners and kids.  Demonstrations on the jumps and other technical sections.  Advice from experienced riders on getting through those sections.

Sat, Aug 4th Schedule:

10:00  -  Bring your bikes and meet at the East Chalet. The members of the club's mountain bike program will provide an overview of the club's trails and answer questions about the program. Helmet are required by all riders.

10:30-11:30  -  Tour de Trails. Experienced riders will lead small groups through the trails, on routes for riders of all experiences and all ages

11:30-12:00   Demonstrations by expert riders (e.g., jumps, downhill runs)

12:00-2:00     Open riding. Bring a picnic lunch, the whole family, and make a day of it!

XXX
    imwjl
    Middleton Bike Park Trail Steward
    Trail Steward

August 02, 2012, 02:24 PM

Mountain Bike Field Day at Blackhawk--Saturday, August 4th from 10-2

Come out and see what is happening this summer with the mountain bike trails at Blackhawk Ski Club.  Guided tours of the trails for all ability levels, including beginners and kids.  Demonstrations on the jumps and other technical sections.  Advice from experienced riders on getting through those sections.

Sat, Aug 4th Schedule:

10:00  -  Bring your bikes and meet at the East Chalet. The members of the club's mountain bike program will provide an overview of the club's trails and answer questions about the program. Helmet are required by all riders.

10:30-11:30  -  Tour de Trails. Experienced riders will lead small groups through the trails, on routes for riders of all experiences and all ages

11:30-12:00   Demonstrations by expert riders (e.g., jumps, downhill runs)

12:00-2:00     Open riding. Bring a picnic lunch, the whole family, and make a day of it!

Just a bump and reminder.

I think some of the "experts" are out of town, but people will be doing some trail work earlier and it's a perfect opportunity to check out what's there, what's new, what's been fixed up, and the potential.

XXX
    Colin519

August 04, 2012, 05:40 PM

Hopefully that didn't get rained out the last hour or so.  I just saw this and I would of come... But I was doing some trail work at Quarry Ridge. :-[

XXX
    imwjl
    Middleton Bike Park Trail Steward
    Trail Steward

August 04, 2012, 10:37 PM

Hopefully that didn't get rained out the last hour or so.  I just saw this and I would of come... But I was doing some trail work at Quarry Ridge. :-[

The fun was done by the time rain came. It was great to see so many kids on the trails and winter time users having fun at Blackhawk in the summer.

The adults and kids enjoyed Wes flying.