•  

20th Anniversary Jersey Style Poll

You must be logged in to vote.
    Use the menu in the top right corner to log in or sign up to become a new user.

Poll

What jersey cut do you prefer?

Fitted - roadie tight/partial zip
    0 (0%)
    Club - between roadie tight and loose/partial zip
    4 (17.4%)
    Loose/partial zip
    3 (13%)
    Fitted/full zip
    2 (8.7%)
    Club/full zip
    5 (21.7%)
    Loose/full zip
    2 (8.7%)
    Long sleeve DH style
    7 (30.4%)

Total Members Voted: 23

Voting closed:
    November 24, 2014, 12:27 PM

JHenry
    Technical Terrain (TTF) Crew

November 03, 2014, 12:27 PM

Next year is CORP's 20th anniversary so we are putting together a sweet jersey to celebrate what the club has accomplished in the area. Let us know what cut/style jersey you prefer. This will help us decide what company to work with.

We could also use one or two people with a graphic design/marketing background to help with the design. Mike Schrader and I have some pretty good ideas so far but a few more eyes wouldn't hurt  8)

« Last Edit: November 03, 2014, 04:51 PM by JHenry »

XXX

November 03, 2014, 03:27 PM

I just want to say that I'd love to see the BMX style or a long sleeve FR/DH style jersey be available too.

« Last Edit: November 03, 2014, 04:48 PM by JHenry »

XXX
    JHenry

November 03, 2014, 04:48 PM

Added  ;)
    XXX

November 03, 2014, 05:38 PM

Can we get a model to show off an example of each style?

XXX
    JHenry

November 04, 2014, 09:20 AM

Just do an image search on Google  :P
    XXX

November 04, 2014, 12:01 PM

I'm a designer with experience in logo, branding, and new product development. I have all the necessary computer programs and would love to help!

XXX
    JHenry

November 04, 2014, 02:20 PM

I'm a designer with experience in logo, branding, and new product development. I have all the necessary computer programs and would love to help!
    PM sent.
    XXX
    farmguy
    Trail Steward - The Farm
    Trail Steward

November 04, 2014, 10:48 PM

I really hate to burst your bubble, but I'm curious how you came up with the fact that next year is our 20th anniversary?

Granted, I am an old duffer that maybe suffers from dementia (among other things), but my timeline recollection is a few years off. I bought my Bontrager in 96 so it was that fall that I met Scott and Rita. At that time it was just WORBA. It might have been that winter but I really think it was a year later when several of us met and came up with the CORP name for a local Dane County chapter of WORBA. So that would mean the Capital Off Road Pathfinders might have begun in early 97 but more likely Jan / Feb of '98.
    Not sure of this but you might be able to find records that the very first agreement with Dane Cty Parks was with WORBA in 97 or 98, before CORP.

Of course, I might be proven wrong on all this but that's why I'm not the club historian.  ;)

~ Here uncultivated acres wait prime for adventure....back 40

XXX
    TheMayor1
    Trail Steward - CamRock
    Trail Steward
    608-772-7833

November 04, 2014, 11:01 PM

I really hate to burst your bubble, but I'm curious how you came up with the fact that next year is our 20th anniversary?

Granted, I am an old duffer that maybe suffers from dementia (among other things), but my timeline recollection is a few years off. I bought my Bontrager in 96 so it was that fall that I met Scott and Rita. At that time it was just WORBA. It might have been that winter but I really think it was a year later when several of us met and came up with the CORP name for a local Dane County chapter of WORBA. So that would mean the Capital Off Road Pathfinders might have begun in early 97 but more likely Jan / Feb of '98.
    Not sure of this but you might be able to find records that the very first agreement with Dane Cty Parks was with WORBA in 97 or 98, before CORP.

Of course, I might be proven wrong on all this but that's why I'm not the club historian.  ;)
    Interesting your input on this Greg. I have seen the original agreement with DCP. I may even have a copy I could dig up. It did indeed make the agreement with WORBA. But I think there was wording about CORP on their as well. I was told because WORBA was established and considered the "stable" entity to make the agreement with. But now CORP has well outlasted WORBA, so that goes to show....
    Anyway. Are you saying that the beginning of CORP was with the development of trails at CamRock? Not with The Farm or Blue Mound? I do know the first trails went in at CamRock in the fall of '98. We bought our house in Rockdale in July of '98.
    Maybe we need to take this discussion to another thread?

~ Chuck Hutchens

XXX
    JHenry

November 05, 2014, 12:00 AM

This is all before my time in CORP. Our jerseys state 1995 on the lower left and that was what got me started on the jersey.
    XXX

November 05, 2014, 08:19 AM

I had to pick a date when we did the orange/blue jersey.

What I did at that time was went through ALL the old news clippings (might still have them) that Crash handed me when I took over.

Although not necessarily "CORP" I picked the date that correlated to the first discussion of trails and working toward said trails in the Madison area.  Some of this discussion actually focused on Indian Lake and not Cam-Rock.  I think getting rejected for more/continued riding at Indian Lake is what pushed development out to Cam-Rock.

Although ground may not have been broken at Cam-Rock until later there was a lot of behind the scenes work going on way before dirt flew.

Bear

~ I like beer and men

XXX

November 05, 2014, 08:34 AM

Update (I found some stuff):

Wisconsin State Journal - 4/8/1993
    "Natural County Park In Works"
    This article discusses development of the McCarthy Youth and Conservation Park near Sun Prairie.  Hell, this one might still be a work in progress.   The parks director stated that specific contributions from user groups may move development higher on the parks priority list.  Although it doesn't mention WORBA there are hand written notes on the clipping showing that WORBA made a $100 donation.  Yes, this isn't "CORP" but it's awful close.

I also have a very nice 20+ page planning document for the same park dated "August 1994".  In that Master Plan Report it shows specific requests for a "Mountain Bike Training Area" and use of mountain bikes on the trail system to be developed.  The document shows about 4.9 miles of shared use trails.

I also have maps of the "Proposed Cam-Rock Trails Layout" which show the original singletrack loops.  Unfortunately those aren't dated.

Takeaway - Who cares what date we choose.  Calling next year 20 years is close enough.

~ I like beer and men

XXX

November 05, 2014, 08:35 AM

Who remembers these???

~ I like beer and men

XXX
    TheMayor1
    Trail Steward - CamRock
    Trail Steward
    608-772-7833

November 05, 2014, 02:00 PM

Great stuff Bear! And some great info for our Historian :)

I think the take-home message here is that CORP and WORBA were pretty much synonymous at the beginning. Scott and Rita started both organizations. One beget the other. WORBA had more cachet as it was promoted as a "statewide" organization. Which really prolly meant CORP and the Kettles at the time.

The most interesting thing for me is that at the time I thought WORBA and CORP were well established when I got involved. Not the newbie organizations that they were.

~ Chuck Hutchens

XXX

November 05, 2014, 02:34 PM

I am an old duffer that maybe suffers from dementia (among other things),

Finally something we can agree on ;D