Administrator

January 22, 2015, 07:19 PM

« Last Edit: February 09, 2015, 04:52 AM by Renegade Rick »

XXX
    augs
    Former President
    Board Member

January 27, 2015, 10:53 PM

The Inukshuk benefits us financially, and it will look awfully good to the city and the golf course management if the event is a success, so come out and race, or watch, or help out, or all three.  And do a snow dance.

XXX
    augs
    Former President
    Board Member

February 08, 2015, 09:56 PM

Despite course conditions that were probably as bad as they could be without canceling the race (okay, there could have been freezing rain), the race went off quite well.  I think almost 70 racers, and all but one or two seemed to realize that the proper response to the conditions was to soldier on and appreciate being outside creating stories to tell your grandkids. ("Why, when I was a kid, we would push our bikes through knee-deep slush, uphill, both ways.  For fun!")  Thanks to Eric and all the race volunteers for putting on a well-run event, and for the golf course for hosting and giving us a warm place to watch with a beer from.  See you next year!

XXX
    Renegade Rick
    Webmaster
    Administrator

February 09, 2015, 05:47 AM

I was right there with you Jon... until you said, "for fun." That was not fun.

Hopefully, there will be fun for the fatties on the local trails this week. Dare to dream.

XXX

February 10, 2015, 09:33 AM

thanks to everyone who came out! Yes, the conditions made for not enough actual bike riding. Things were going well earlier in the week until the warm-up. Between the soft snow, and the weird snow depths you get in the open, rolling hills, it really messed up the surface that had been very ridable.

The good news is the land managers are very positive about the event. I have several meetings this week to debrief and set some plans for next year. I'm hoping to see if we can develop the infrastructure for some more snow bike opportunities on the GC (not just a one day event), and adding more grooming capabilities.

XXX
    TheMayor1
    Trail Steward - CamRock
    Trail Steward
    608-772-7833

February 14, 2015, 04:32 PM

Just wondering if anyone else is putting on the heated shorts and heading out for the Fat Bike Criterium?

Only zero at the gun....but the wind chills a bit nippy at -20 to -30  :o

~ Chuck Hutchens

XXX
    MyCow

February 14, 2015, 05:01 PM

My brother and I are going out. We're Batman and Superman. Found some great onesie adult pajamas on clearance at Target! Oh yeah!

XXX

February 15, 2015, 01:23 PM

race results?

XXX
    Renegade Rick
    Webmaster
    Administrator

February 15, 2015, 01:57 PM

did we get free passes to rays?

XXX

February 16, 2015, 07:57 PM

For Inukshuk race results, go here:

"B" early race: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/11DPzx9wecAVHcWS5f8_LjUXYRonuwRoeyXYFYVL1Ci4/edit#gid=1878456492

"A" later race: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/15t4NINYKTAFu3X4pePEZltNqKCaUgpRg-kT7htgajBM/edit#gid=1936072250

The fat bike crit on the Square was not scored, so there are no results for that.

I gave out a bunch of Ray's passes at registration. Ray's brought us so many that I was giving out handfuls as we were closing up. And I still have about 20 or so. I can't make the February CORP meeting, but I'll try to find a way to get them to the meeting so people can take advantage of them.