•  

Trail Names

April 09, 2012, 12:25 AM

Quarry Ridge is in need of more signage and an updated map. In preparation for those developments, I'm looking for suggestions on trail names...

The 3 Sisters Trail has developed into 2 distinct lines with different features. The big sister drop was replaced by 2 senders. I was thinking we could continue to call the original trail with wooden drops the 3 Sisters and pick a new name for the expert trail.
    - Step Sisters
    - Holaday Downhill (in honor of the guy who made it happen and rides it the hardest)
    - ??

The new entrance trail that parallels the hill above the swamp and then crosses the field needs a name.
    - The Swamp
    - ??

The Ambulance Trail up the ridge has been replaced by a winding climb and officially no longer resembles a "fire trail". We could stick with the old name or call it something new.
    - Ambulance Trail
    - Winding Ridge
    - ??

Finally, the XC/singletrack/main loop. I know those terms are descriptive, but there's gotta be a cooler name out there.
    - The Track
    - ??

Let me know what you think!

XXX
    Bin
    aka Ben

April 09, 2012, 08:54 AM

Shouldn't the wooden drops become the "2 Sisters Trail" since the biggest sister isn't around anymore (at least in drop form)?  Or maybe "Sister Drops Trail" to clearly distinguish the pair of drops from the pair of kickers?

XXX

April 09, 2012, 09:16 AM

Haha thanks brendan. Ive always called that the big sister trail and its only gotten bigger... doesnt really matter to me. Brendan, we need to work on getting a better trailhead sign too. We talked at the board meeting about getting signs that better promote us at all the trails

Sent from my Motorola Electrify using Tapatalk

XXX
    blackbike (Scot E)
    None more black

April 09, 2012, 09:45 AM

I always like "the Tunnel" as a name for that particular section too, it fits.

A map would be cool to make.  Brendan if I grab a GPS trace of the whole place do we have the ability to drop it onto a map with some labels, like our Cam Rock and Blue Mound maps?  The amount of trails and options out there now merit a map - one we could stick on a sign or two out there.

~ Look up on the wall baby, hand me down my shootin' iron.
    Call your mother long distance, tell her to expect your body home.

XXX

April 09, 2012, 10:00 AM

the original

[attachment deleted by admin]

~ Burn rubber

XXX

April 09, 2012, 10:02 AM

I agree with a map, maybe at the end of the season because theres still more goin in this year

Sent from my Motorola Electrify using Tapatalk

XXX

April 09, 2012, 09:50 PM

I suggest "snake woods" for the entrance trail.  There's a reason behind that name from cutting the trail on Saturday.  Anything with "snake" in the name would be fitting.

XXX

April 10, 2012, 04:30 PM

Two sisters for the small drops and big brother for the big boy line.

XXX

April 10, 2012, 10:06 PM

Or just call Tom's line Holidaze cause it sounds cool too.

XXX

April 11, 2012, 08:57 AM

Haha i like it. That's the nickname my al session test bike got @ trek.

Sent from my Motorola Electrify using Tapatalk 2

XXX

April 11, 2012, 01:12 PM

Haha I remember that!

XXX
    Tim Barber
    Board Member at Large

April 11, 2012, 01:24 PM

For the XC Singletrack loop, I will submit "The Whip"....not only because it sounds cool, but because it is used literally to whip around the park before and after the climbs/downhill.

XXX
    Colin519

August 07, 2012, 01:33 AM

We really need someone with a Garmin or something to get a detailed map of the trails. 

Maybe some signs out there like we have at CamRock ??

XXX

August 07, 2012, 08:26 AM

We have the signs already, they just need to go up. I have a bunch of garmin tracks. Not sure who is making the maps, but if anyone needs the tracks, let me know.

XXX
    Colin519

August 07, 2012, 12:07 PM

I would love a track just so I can add it to my workout sheets online.  I have tried to get it close to what i can see on the satellite images but GPS would be better.

You can send it to my e-mail at gumby99integ@hotmail.com