•  

That rock drop-off to the left in the sandy bowl...

September 30, 2012, 07:41 PM

If you stay far left the whole way through the sandy bowl, at the end you'll come to that rock drop-off before it turns into a wooded trail again.  Do you guys manage to just get way behind the seat and roll that on the far right of the drop?  Do you carry a little speed and give a little pull up on the handlebars and just get a little air off of it and land at the bottom?

XXX

October 10, 2012, 12:08 AM

Lean back, practice drops on the small sister drop if you arent comfortable. You should be landing both wheels at the same time

Sent from my Motorola Electrify using Tapatalk 2

XXX

October 14, 2012, 07:51 PM

Both ways work well.  I am serious about getting way back behind the seat so your crotch is almost rubbing the rear tire, you can roll anything this way.  When you launch it start small or you'll land in the bushes... done it.

XXX

October 23, 2012, 01:13 PM

Tom, I can do the small sister no problem, and had even started hitting the middle sister right before they made it just a small wooden hill to roll down.  For some reason I just couldn't get myself to do that sandy bowl drop.  I'll just go for it next time I'm out there.  I probably will end up in the bushes.  I'll have to practice getting Way behind the seat too.  Thanks to you both for the advice!

(My cranks have finally had it so it might be a while, though.)