•  

BM groupride?

Tim Barber
    Board Member at Large

August 09, 2013, 11:33 AM

Bluemounds is sad and needs some rubber on her dirt trails.  Who wants to step up and organize a groupride?

XXX
    Gary S
    Board Member, co-Trail Steward Blue Mound SP
    Administrator

August 09, 2013, 11:51 AM

Walter was going to organize something, either a work and ride, or just a group ride/BBB. I think he was going to wait until after CORPFest, and after the trails have been mostly cleared of weeds.

Pokerville needs some tires, but it really needs to be trimmed. Tires can only do so much. I was going to get started on it tomorrow but am fighting a cold so I'm not sure I'll make it.

« Last Edit: August 09, 2013, 11:56 AM by Gary S »

XXX

August 09, 2013, 11:59 AM

Connect with Oaknoll- he lives 10 minutes from BM and has offered to help out there.  Dude has tools and know how.  Can't catch a air born beer to save his life, but a dedicated man wanting to ride out there more.

XXX

August 09, 2013, 12:02 PM

short notice, but I just got the ALL CLEAR to ride tomm and plan on arriving at BM around 2pm if anyone is interested in meeting up for a ride.  I'm also willing to do some trail work post ride.

XXX

August 09, 2013, 12:08 PM

I could swing a ride tomorrow (Sat) AM or anytime Sunday. PM me if you are up for some trail work. I cans bring a few brush saws/string trimmers and DR mower. Haven't ridden the trails out there yet so I don't know what's needed. Would be up for leading a regular group ride once I know the trails.

XXX
    Walt Hougas
    Trail Steward - Blue Mound SP
    To Be A Man...

August 09, 2013, 01:39 PM

I could swing a ride tomorrow (Sat) AM or anytime Sunday. PM me if you are up for some trail work. I cans bring a few brush saws/string trimmers and DR mower. Haven't ridden the trails out there yet so I don't know what's needed. Would be up for leading a regular group ride once I know the trails.

Apologies for not being able to make the ride/work on Saturday. I have a family commitment.

CORP has no tool storage at Blue Mound, so you are limited to what you can bring. If there is a park employee present, you might be able to borrow a trimmer from the park. Getting help from the person manning the kiosk is kind of a crap shoot.

It's mostly down to Pokerville for weed cutting. I have permission to leave work early this afternoon and will post up what I got done when I get home. (Sorry for not letting anyone know about this ahead, but it was contingent on something I put on an instrument last night working out properly plus getting more stuff done today plus not getting a phone call from someone advertising a leaf blower on Craigslist.)

Walt

XXX
    Walt Hougas
    To Be A Man...

August 09, 2013, 09:00 PM

I got out to Blue Mound this afternoon and cut weeds on Pokerville.

Everything west of the Military Ridge Connector is done. For tomorrow, if there is more than one person working I suggest:

1st person walks downhill from the garage to the trail (about 50 yards). Turn right, and follow the usual flow.

2nd person walks out to the Military Ridge connector: walk into campground, turn left at first intersection, then turn left onto Pokerville where it crosses the MR Connector. Cut until you meet person #1.

This will take care of the worst of the remaining weeds.

Go back to the park garage and gear up to ride or drink beer.

Or just do what you think needs doing.

Thanks,
    Walt

XXX
    Walt Hougas
    To Be A Man...

August 09, 2013, 09:37 PM

I've made a map of what's done and needs doing on Pokerville. Hope it helps.

Walt

[attachment deleted by admin]

XXX
    Gary S
    Board Member, co-Trail Steward Blue Mound SP
    Administrator

August 10, 2013, 04:46 PM

I took care of most of the area marked on the map by Walter. I had to bail on the last 1/4 mile or so to the east of the military ridge connector. There are also 3 trees down in the area that I did get to, and a couple more in the area Walter got to.