•  

Long ride Saturday?

January 27, 2015, 07:38 PM

I was planning to take Military Ridge out of Madison to Blue Mounds, ride some singletrack and then come back the same way.  Wanted to get this ride in before military ridge opens up to snowmobiles.  If conditions are super slow I may turn around early.  60-70 miles.  I expect it to spend ~12 hours including some stops to warm up and for food.

Anyone interested?  Also curious if anyone knows how tough Military Ridge is to ride right now. 

XXX
    Gary S
    Board Member, co-Trail Steward Blue Mound SP
    Administrator

January 28, 2015, 08:22 AM

When I drove by it on Sunday it looked fine, seemed pretty packed down. This was where it enters BMSP. Good luck! At this rate I'm not sure MR will even open to snowmobilers this season. The singletrack on the other hand was excellent and should be for another week at least.

XXX

February 01, 2015, 10:39 AM

Really glad I made it out - conditions were fantastic throughout.  Someone (from the DNR?) had driven a car down the majority of the MR and riding in the tire track worked really well.  I'm really grateful for all the hard work that went into keeping the trails packed down and fast within the park; I was able to do Pokerville to Overload to Holy Schist.