•  

New trail/fixes are awesome!

October 27, 2013, 10:00 AM

Finally got out to CR since the race and the new bit of flow trail is pretty sick! I rode with my AM bike (5" travel) and that was so much fun, and thanks for making a bypass on Heather's Hill, saved me some legs!

I have a question though: on the connector after the flow trail, are all those mounds of dirt just grade reversals? Can they be shaped to be more like rollers? Because it's kind of lame to go over that stuff while going uphill, imo.

Lastly, went to the Outback and checked it out, good progress going on back there! Stoked to see what's next! Thanks again to all who make these trails possible!

XXX
    JHenry
    Technical Terrain (TTF) Crew

October 27, 2013, 12:13 PM

The 'bumps' are intended to be RGR's (rolling grade reversals).  We tried using what was there with the idea that the organics would rot and decay enough that the final product would be ~8" tall. That doesn't seem to be happening yet. After the freeze/thaw we'll have a better idea what needs to happen in the spring. Ideally you wouldn't really know you were rolling over a RGR.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I547 using Tapatalk

XXX
    Bmoha7311
    Specialized Jeremy

December 06, 2013, 12:24 AM

Got out to Camrock tonight noticed a few nice changes. In Outback; The approach to the scout built caterpillar wooden obstacle has been moved to the left.  Seems like I always got slowed down going between the trees. This worked great. Is that a new rock and wood obstacle that has been built to the left of it? The new 120' long bridge is fun! Very well done! I really appreciate the time and effort others have put into it!
    There's a tree down on the return loop of Outback. Will need a chainsaw.

XXX
    TheMayor1
    Trail Steward - CamRock
    608-772-7833

December 06, 2013, 11:55 AM

Got out to Camrock tonight noticed a few nice changes. In Outback; The approach to the scout built caterpillar wooden obstacle has been moved to the left.  Seems like I always got slowed down going between the trees. This worked great. Is that a new rock and wood obstacle that has been built to the left of it? The new 120' long bridge is fun! Very well done! I really appreciate the time and effort others have put into it!
    There's a tree down on the return loop of Outback. Will need a chainsaw.
    Thanks for the feedback. Sounds like a great ride was had! awesome.
    That new approach was made rogue. Though I am torn. I am sure it makes riding the Slippery Moose (the SCouts named it) easier for most folks. I of course like the challenge as intended. And this rogue trail cuts out ridding the other rock feature through the trees.
    The feature to the left of the Slippery Moose is a little slice of awesomeness. I was playing on it in the snow last weekend. Very nice and ridable both ways. A mind game to ride it backward coming up a snow covered plank, but definitely doable.
    If I can get the chainsaw started in this cold I will try and get out and take care of those couple of trees later today. I should have some time before dark.

~ Chuck Hutchens

XXX
    Bmoha7311
    Specialized Jeremy

December 06, 2013, 12:40 PM

As cold as it was the trails were just awesome! Only a couple very minor slippery spots. I didn't ride that new rock obstacle but I will! I was bundled up heavy last night and unfortunately sacrificed movibilty. I don't think I could have gotten up if I fell down. My mistake for buying over pants and thinking they fit without having both my regular layers on underneath.