•  

Log Pile near the Easy/intermediate Convergence

ren3of3

October 27, 2012, 05:27 PM

Rode QR today the first time in a month or 2.
    I have to say that the re-route on the Climb is great.

However, I am a bit peeved at the addition of the Log Pile near the Easy/intermediate Convergence.
    There is no bypass, and with the rain we've had this week, a large mud pocket developed at the top(?!?) of the stack.
    I found myself over the bars. As I recovered, I watched the next ride barely avoid doing the same, even after my warning.

Please flag/fix this - I've ridden many piles elsewhere and this was a complete surprise!

XXX

October 28, 2012, 01:41 AM

Is it the random pile where the drop/berm combo used to be?  I was rather confused as to why that was even there.  It didn't seem like much of a technical challenge, not really a jump, not very solid(as you said, mud, and I'm sure those smaller limbs will start degrading or at least work themselves apart soon).  It just seemed like someone spur of the moment decided to pile some small limbs and throw some dirt on top.  Not sure about that one...

XXX

October 28, 2012, 09:43 PM

Can you clarify where this is? Is it on the long downhill? It must be a new obstacle someone built.

We have a trail day Monday night. We'll get it fixed if we know where the problem is. Thanks for pointing it out.

Jeff

XXX
    ren3of3

October 29, 2012, 01:06 PM

Sorry I can't provide more specifics. I do remember coming around a slight downhill bend and seeing it just a ways down the trail. It was very close to where the beginner rejoins the intermediate loop.

[attachment deleted by admin]

XXX
    blackbike (Scot E)
    None more black

October 29, 2012, 01:49 PM

tangential to the conversation but it seems to be always worth repeating when I see that people are riding....
    I was out there at noon.  The trail is too muddy and people are tearing it up riding in the mud.
    Please stay off, those ruts can take a long time to heal and make for shitty singletrack riding.

~ Look up on the wall baby, hand me down my shootin' iron.
    Call your mother long distance, tell her to expect your body home.

XXX

October 29, 2012, 02:06 PM

I think I know where you mean. I'll check it out.

I second Blackbike's comment!

XXX

October 30, 2012, 03:28 AM

3rd for blackbike's comment.  For what it's worth, I was on foot!  I had just showed up to help with a possible work session that I think didn't play out.  I got in a good hike around the trail system and saw it from different points of view which were interesting.  Fun stuff and I'd recommend it to everyone at least once.

XXX

October 30, 2012, 09:44 AM

The log pile is now removed. Some else removed it before I got there. I smoothed it out a little more.

Jeff