•  

Quarry Ridge - Work Night and Ride - August 1

August 05, 2013, 10:45 AM

I ski in the winter dawg.  If I did sell it, I would most likely get a gravel grinder cross bike setup.

~ Burn rubber

XXX

August 05, 2013, 09:45 PM

Quarry Ridge has the potential to be the alternative option to Cam Rock like Cam Rock is to the Kettles. 

You are giving me a goal...

XXX

August 07, 2013, 01:11 PM

I agree with Dave, Quarry Ridge has huge potential.  There are a few untapped acres at QR still and Dawley is just down the rode... to bad we can't connect the two via easements.  Does Fitchburg own any more property nearby?  I should check a plat, but what about south (across the road)?  Is the car drop area (historic silly trail circa 2001) owned by Fitchburg?

XXX

August 08, 2013, 09:53 PM

Don't worry, I have tons of plans for new trail. We need to get the new downhill and return connector completed this fall, and then start on an additional expansion next year. I can see at least 1.5 miles of new trail, and more like 2.5 if we can build in some new places I haven't yet talked to the city about. Greg - we'll keep your chainsaw busy.

XXX

August 09, 2013, 07:11 AM

The old school guy with the Audi has a mini skid steer when the time comes... his kids are the same age as mine.  That return trail will be good for the kids 4-10 who can't do the big hill climbs yet.  Bring a map to QR some Wed. night so we can dream and lock down some key helpers. ;)