•  

Winter Riding

g
    And last but not least.......

September 16, 2015, 02:40 PM

Anybody know if this trail will allow winter riding? So close to work for me. I could probably get snow shoes on it right away during the week as well.

XXX
    Renegade Rick
    Webmaster
    Administrator

September 16, 2015, 09:47 PM

Middleton has been trying to develop snowbiking at PV, but it hasn't really been a thing so far.

This could be the year that changes.

XXX
    g

September 17, 2015, 12:01 AM

Well with more trail = more smiles per miles. You got snow shoes buddy?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

XXX
    imwjl
    Middleton Bike Park Trail Steward
    Trail Steward

September 17, 2015, 11:36 AM

Anybody know if this trail will allow winter riding? So close to work for me. I could probably get snow shoes on it right away during the week as well.

The city's public lands manager has been open to this. The city and club house staff were thrilled with the first fat bike race even though weather turned it into walking bikes in mashed potato.

There have been requests for a fat bike ambassador or liaison to help our land managers and an explicit request from the city of Middleton. So far no one's really stepped up beyond the race promoter.

This is really important to the land managers because they know most riders behave but also know a lot of new fat bikers don't have MTB background, and know the advocacy and work with land managers part of the sport. Our land managers need education and help creating a framework before one or two bad example riders create problems.

Where fat bikes and Middleton left off last season was willingness to share snow shoe trail and under-utilized classic ski trail with fat bikes. The PV club house management was up for serving food and beverage to fat bike riders as they do skiers. This seems like great opportunity to lose if someone does not step up.

Thanks.

XXX
    g

September 17, 2015, 04:51 PM

Well I would certainly be willing to help out there for the winter. Let me know what specific things need to be done or help with.

XXX
    imwjl
    Middleton Bike Park Trail Steward
    Trail Steward

September 18, 2015, 02:25 AM

Well I would certainly be willing to help out there for the winter. Let me know what specific things need to be done or help with.

Hi,

Please contact trail steward Aaron and I and consider attending our monthly meeting next week on Thursday 7 PM at Fitchburg community center. You can send a private message to us via the forum or use the president@madcitydirt.org address to reach me.

Thank you.