•  

BetterRide Camps?

May 08, 2012, 12:47 PM

Does anyone know anything about this? Where is it being held? Not that I'm interested in attending, but I didn't see anything mentioned here and thought I'd post in case someone else is...

http://betterride.net/mountainbikeclinicsandcamps/mountainbikecampdates/

May Camps
    May 4-6 Fruita, CO Women's Mountain Bike Camp

May 11-13 Madison, WI Mountain Bike Camp 

XXX
    Nelson
    Former Club President
    I ride bikes

May 08, 2012, 02:01 PM

That is the women's dirt retreat put on by MadForcs. It's at Cam-Rock.

I think.....  Maybe not since it is 600+ bucks. 

~ i like social d

« Last Edit: May 08, 2012, 02:13 PM by Nelson »

XXX
    Nate W.
    Club Raconteur

May 08, 2012, 02:15 PM

I don't think it's the same thing Nelson.  I followed the link and tried to get more info...there isn't any info on the website as to where it actually is being held.

I clicked the "buy now" button for the Madison camp and it wants $618 for the 3-day camp.

The Dirt Retreat doesn't cost that much.

XXX
    Nate W.
    Club Raconteur

May 08, 2012, 02:17 PM

Allison Dunlap isn't mentioned at all on the Better Ride site either.

XXX

May 08, 2012, 03:31 PM

I actually saw it posted on MTBR. A guy mentioned he was planning on attending BetterRide in Madison and was looking for suggestions on a palce to stay. I had to google it to find their sites.

XXX

May 08, 2012, 04:07 PM

They were here last year.  I saw them at CamRock with a group of about 10-12 people being instructed at different spots along the trail.

XXX
    Bin
    aka Ben

May 08, 2012, 04:11 PM

It sounds like fun but man that's pricey.

I think I'd be better off just bribing some of you guys by offering to buy the first round at Heathers if you showed me a few things on the trail.

XXX

May 08, 2012, 07:07 PM

I like riding with you Ben, I'll gladly ride anything that I can first so you can see how to (or not to) do it!  The beer isn't necessary.

I can help with techniques for ttf and jumps and getting over stuff and going downhill fast, that's about it though, but what else is there to biking anyway right?  Unfortunately the answer is usually just going for it and crashing if need be.

XXX

May 08, 2012, 07:54 PM

Lol theres a lot more technique than that... but yes trial and error does worm.

Sent from my Motorola Electrify using Tapatalk 2

XXX
    TheMayor1
    Trail Steward - CamRock
    Trail Steward
    608-772-7833

May 08, 2012, 11:10 PM

I sent an email to Dane County Parks tonight asking if they were approached for an event held at CamRock. Any events there are supposed to be approved by CORP. I am not aware of this. I will be interested to hear from DCP on whether they were contacted.
    It would take a pretty big set of cajones to show up at a trail unannounced, charging $618 per head, with no approval by either the landowner or the group managing the trails. It would be a shame if it rained and we had to close the trails down, no :(

~ Chuck Hutchens