•  

Battle of Cam Rock volunteers still needed!!!!!

JHenry
    Technical Terrain (TTF) Crew

June 03, 2013, 12:24 PM

We are getting down to the nitty gritty and we still need more volunteers. Considering how many people we have on the forums we should be able to easily get the people we need. I'm tasking each of you to at least ask your fellow riders, buddies, etc to lend a hand. We hear so many good things about the work CORP has done on the area trails and those 'things' don't just happen. It takes a lot of $$ to maintain trail, add trail, improve trail, open up new trails, build features, etc. The Battle of Cam Rock is our largest fund raiser to date. We are just asking for a fraction of your time to make this event a stand out in the largest mtb race series in the US! Please click the link below and sign up today!

http://tjharron.com/volunteer-form-wors-battle-of-camrock/
    XXX

June 03, 2013, 06:52 PM

I'd like to but the registration form for volunteering says my address doesn't exist. Last year I showed up and asked to volunteer and helped with parking so I don't see how this form is required. I'd still like to volunteer though.

~ I ride a Voodoo, it's heavy, and Carbon Fiber frames aren't welcome!

XXX
    JHenry

June 03, 2013, 09:36 PM

We are trying to get more organized this year and the form helps us greatly. Keeping track of 30 - 40 volunteers is a full time task on race day and I'm helping Tom with volunteers to alleviate some of the stress and workload. I would appreciate your help and ask you to send me a PM with the info from the form so I can add you to the list.

Thanks!
    XXX

June 04, 2013, 07:27 AM

Alright, I was able to rearrange plans for the day and am now free the morning of the race. Are there specific time slots? If not, anytime in the morning until about noon, 1:00 at the latest works. I filled out the on-line form and did not check any duties so feel free to place me wherever.

Cyle

XXX
    JHenry

June 04, 2013, 08:00 AM

Thanks Cyle!
    XXX
    Tom Harron
    Former Club President
    Former President and Race Director of Battle of CR

June 04, 2013, 01:27 PM

Cyle,

I have you in the registration area from 7:30 AM until you leave. We have registration open until 1:15PM so this will work out great.

Your help is greatly appreciated.

Tom Harron
    Race Director of Battle of CamRock

XXX

June 04, 2013, 03:38 PM

That'll work.

Sent from my XT901 using Tapatalk 2

XXX
    TheMayor1
    Trail Steward - CamRock
    Trail Steward
    608-772-7833

June 04, 2013, 04:30 PM

Thanks to the folks that signed up on the Monday Night Ride last night! We were discussing the number of folks "really needed" to run the race, and that many have other commitments for at least a part of the day.

As we talked over a beer last night, that is exactly why everyone should sign up. With a full slate it makes things work smoothly instead of having the bare minimum to keep racers safe. Little things like relieving folks for other commitments, for racing their own class, or even things as simple as having a person who can run lunch and drinks out to the volunteers. The little things make it go from being a slog, to a really fun day.

Get your arse signed up and lets have some fun out there ;D

~ Chuck Hutchens

XXX

June 04, 2013, 07:35 PM

Just signed up my wife for Sunday.

She'll work registration from open until close. 

In her words, "If I am driving all the way over there I don't want some cheesy two hour shift"!!

~ I like beer and men

XXX
    JHenry

June 04, 2013, 10:45 PM

Has anyone spent more volunteer hours at CORP events than Bri? I think I've seen her at almost every one.
    XXX

June 04, 2013, 11:17 PM

Has anyone spent more volunteer hours at CORP events than Bri? I think I've seen her at almost every one.

Yeah but has she ever been man enough to sit around and drink a beverage or two with us?!

What a girl.

~ I like beer and men

XXX
    JHenry

June 05, 2013, 06:29 AM

Yeah but has she ever been man enough to sit around and drink a beverage or two with us?!

What a girl.

Maybe you just have the wrong beer  ::)
    XXX

June 05, 2013, 09:31 AM

Just signed up to volunteer. I guess now I'm committed to racing as well. Good thing I've been tapering for months!

XXX
    JHenry

June 05, 2013, 07:17 PM

Thanks to those who have signed up! We are gaining ground but we are still looking for more bodies for parking/finish and some traffic cops for road crossings.
    XXX
    singletrackminx

June 06, 2013, 11:47 AM

At this point I've just been recruiting road racing dudes from online dating sites  :o