•  

Damage done.

imwjl
    Middleton Bike Park Trail Steward
    Trail Steward

March 13, 2016, 11:27 AM

I'd like to think those who hang out here know to stay off of soft trails but here goes, and it applies to anyplace where we have the privilege of a land manager allowing trails.

Yesterday I did some assessment major project that will start at Pleasant View. Someone with Maxxis Ardent, Bontrager XR2, and Bontrager Chupacabra tires did some serious damage in recent days. By late in the day and before rain a 4 - 5 inch true fat bike tire would have been OK in most places but it was appropriate for trail steward Garrett to have his trails closed sign posted.

The sad part was seeing a few places where Aaron, Brian and I spent a total of a few hours doing work. It probably took a few seconds for 3 riders to wreck it.

I believe the right solution for this is always introduce ourselves to all the riders you can so they know how our trails happen, so they can be better informed, and so a larger and stronger MTB community can spend hours at more greatness instead of repairs.

There's clearly a lot of spring fever going on so let's try to cure it with a bigger and better community making MTB greatness!

:)