•  

Spring Clean with Rocky Bluff Neighborhood association at Quarry Park this Sat

ddacko11
    Former Trail Steward - Quarry Park | Former Vice President - Operations

April 16, 2014, 09:35 AM

Hi all

Pass this along,  we are working with the Neighborhood association and the city for the following this Saturday.   Come only for a few.   We want to show support!!!  Low key..

We will also be cleaning up trails,   building a new uphill trail on the south end of the park to help flow and close down some eroded trails.  Possibly help building a new flow line

Below is from the Rocky Bluff Association

Saturday, April 19th, 9:00 a.m. until noon

Join us for the Quarry Park Clean-up project in association with the City of Madison-Earth Day Challenge.

Volunteers should meet at the park entrance between Barlow Street & Stevens Street to sign-in.
    Stop by anytime between 9:00 a.m. and noon; spend as much or as little time as you wish.
    Please bring your own work or gardening gloves.
    We will have trash bags supplied by the City of Madison, info about Garlic Mustard identification and removal, and maps of the park.

XXX
    Nelson
    Former Club President
    I ride bikes

April 16, 2014, 07:31 PM

This would be a great opportunity for CORP to show some love to  Quarry Park.  It would go a long way towards future discussions regarding access to trail building opportunities inside the city limits.

~ i like social d

XXX
    CX Rob
    Trail Steward - Northeast Park
    Trail Steward

April 18, 2014, 07:44 PM

Dan,
    To add to Nelson's reply, it would be a great opportunity to invite members of the Rocky Bluff Neighborhood Association to come to our Land Managers sessions on May 16th at our IMBA Regional Summit. It would be nice to get some outsiders on our side as we work on broader trail access with Madison Parks. Would you be willing to ask? Nelson or I can forward details to you.

XXX

April 21, 2014, 08:21 PM

Pretty weak turn out at QP.  My family was there, and two of the best QP trail builders -kinda weak sauce showing though.

XXX
    Nelson
    Former Club President
    I ride bikes

April 21, 2014, 10:04 PM

Pretty weak turn out at QP.  My family was there, and two of the best QP trail builders -kinda weak sauce showing though.

I thank you immensely for taking the time to go and support the local trails.

You must consider it was extremely short notice and Easter weekend before slaying folks with the guilt.  We purposely avoided scheduling anything that weekend due to Easter.  There are many more factors at play as well.  This has been a cold crappy spring and we had probably the nicest weather of the year so far.  People probably simply wanted to go out and enjoy themselves.

~ i like social d

XXX
    augs
    Former President
    Board Member

April 21, 2014, 10:24 PM

I didn't see you, either.  I guess it's a bigger park than it seems.

XXX

April 28, 2014, 09:25 PM

Didn't mean to lay guilt ;D, shoot Jon was there and a few dirt jump folks.  I think QP is in good shape overall and that non-bikers are seeing what good we do out there.  I believe the City sees us as quality dedicated land stewards who are responsible citizens.  In fact I am betting that certain folks will be taking a hard look at Quarry Park when deciding on future riding opportunities within the City of Madison.   I am glad to see QP being included on this forum, hopefully there will be more City properties to ride on in the future.  It would be huge to get Madnorski, frisbee golfers and the cyclocross folks together for a social event to perhaps discuss cooperative efforts should new recreational opportunities arise.