•  

Early summer update.

imwjl
    Middleton Bike Park Trail Steward
    Trail Steward

June 02, 2013, 02:03 PM

We are getting an early start on Blackhawk Wednesdays.

Youth Mountain Bike Program director Kelley is having an instructor get together June 5 @ 6 PM. Please join if you are interested in helping this new program. The program brings opportunities for instructors, coaches and trail builders.

The Trail Committee will join Kelley's instructors and coaches for a cook out, some trail work, and riding. Make sure you check out the recent trail improvements and help us finish the new trail building.

Please respond here or send an email to bike@blackhawkskiclub.org to help plan food and beverage. Blackhawk social events are open to the public but you must be a member to participate in sports on the property.

The Blackhawk Wednesdays will happen each week throughout the summer, and we will have an all-club party July 20.

[attachment deleted by admin]

XXX
    imwjl
    Middleton Bike Park Trail Steward
    Trail Steward

June 30, 2013, 07:37 PM

Maybe last day of June is pushing it for "early summer update".

With last Sunday and this I've cut down trees, cut brush, trimmed and opened up a bridge over gap I don't think has been used for a while and got the down tree and widow makers fixed up stuff so I can get the Ditch Witch in in coming weeks. One of the jumps on gulley trail is again good for flight, and wood that was shoved aside has been cut up.

The floods report. The Gulley has two spots that got remodeled by mother nature but the changes are visible. Everything is ridable.

Rain may be messing up other places but today Upper Pines Flow to Gully was half way between fun and bad ass. The new trail on Hill 2 isn't done but a plenty fine ride up. You can loop or Yo Yo Blackhawk like never before.

I'm pretty sure there will be party and ride this Wed - stay tuned.

Make sure you have the July 20 party on your calendar and RSVP for the sake of planning food and beer.