•  

Fall conditions

Gary S
    Board Member, co-Trail Steward Blue Mound SP
    Administrator

October 15, 2015, 10:48 AM

The trails are in great shape, the leaves are falling and in some areas it's hard to make out the trail, especially at night or if you're not familiar with the system.

We're going to start blowing leaves soon. Please post up if you can help. We'll get you set up. Thanks!

XXX
    Walt Hougas
    Trail Steward - Blue Mound SP
    To Be A Man...

November 08, 2015, 07:26 PM

All the trails have been blown clear at least once. As of Sunday 08 November the trails are officially closed.

I've left a message with the park that Over Lode should be open now and the rest of the trails as of Wednesday.

The trails are packed well, and every place that doesn't have water on it is in very good condition. Should dry up soon, hoping for a dry stretch.

Walt

XXX

November 09, 2015, 10:51 AM

Walt, does anywhere need a second run with the leaf blower? I'll be out that way and off work on Friday afternoon. I could spend a couple hours with the leaf blower.... looks like it will be too wet for a ride though.   :-\

XXX
    Walt Hougas
    Trail Steward - Blue Mound SP
    To Be A Man...

November 09, 2015, 06:25 PM

Thanks for the offer Frank.

The last 3/4 mile or so of Over Lode trail, including the section between Ryan and Mounds Park Roads is somewhat drifted in again. Could use another clean up.

I haven't checked Home Stretch again since it was done about a week ago.

Everything else should be good.

Check your personal messages for more details.

Walt