•  

Who Loves CamRock? - The CamRock Trail Posse!

JHenry
    Technical Terrain (TTF) Crew

August 18, 2013, 01:48 PM

Heading out to hit Woodchuck. I think Dave is going to take a look at the roundabout area for sight lines.
    XXX
    TheMayor1
    Trail Steward - CamRock
    608-772-7833

August 18, 2013, 07:06 PM

I roughed in the new beginner bypasses off of the Connector today. I have another couple of hours to cut in the singletrack tread with the weedwacker and blow the detrius off the trail before they are ready for next weekend.

A lot of the trails are done! You have really gotten to it and I appreciate it. The Trail Posse (and Josh and Dave)rocks  8)

The only sections that I know could still use attention is Beer Cave into Rockdale (no one set to do this yet), Beer Run and Drop In (Patricia has this covered) the Connector return (Jeff will get it Wednesday) and the Fat Tracks/Beaver Hole/White river set of trails (these should be hit tomorrow night).

~ Chuck Hutchens

XXX
    JHenry
    Technical Terrain (TTF) Crew

August 18, 2013, 10:43 PM

Someone had already hit Woodchuck so since I was already there I went ahead and polished it up and trimmed all the low branches. Dave is hitting the signage hard and is putting up the new maps in the DCP kiosks.
    XXX
    TheMayor1
    Trail Steward - CamRock
    608-772-7833

August 20, 2013, 10:29 AM

The Sun Prairie Youth Cycling Team rocks! They really stepped up to the plate last night. They brought a whole crew down to CamRock to whip those creekside connector trails into shape 8)
    They even brought their own equipment along as well which was a big help. Our hedge trimmer and the blower are down for maintenance, so it really helped that they all showed up with weedwackers and equipment to go to town with!
    Great job out there guys and gals. Those trails are in great shape because of you.

~ Chuck Hutchens

XXX

August 21, 2013, 09:32 PM

ATTENTION TRAIL POSSE TYPES AND OTHER CAMROCK MAINTENANCE FOLK!

THE MOWER IS LOW ON OIL.  I checked it when I was finished with it today (I’m paranoid about it running out on my watch so I check it before I use it, after it has sat a while when I have it out on the trail and also when I get back to The Love Shack), noticed it was low and I was not able to find any oil in the C.O.R.P. Klubhouse.  I looked and looked, and nuttin.  Sorry if I missed the stash of oil, but I really tried to find some.  There is a piece of Caution tape with "low on oil" written on it and tied to the ignition key.  Which leads into my next point.

THE STRING TRIMMER IS OUT OF STRING.  Again, I looked for some and nada.  I would have gladly refilled the spool, but I had nothing to fill it with.  As before, sorry if I didn’t look in the right place.

Also: do we have any idea when the hedge trimmer will be back up and attem?  I did the best I could with what I had to work with (string trimmer did an ok job, till it ran out of string) but I’m not at all happy with the job I did on the reaching prairie grass, raspberries and what not.  I brought my personal Kombi power unit with me today in hopes that the hedge trimmer attachment might be in the Singletrack Shack and it was not.  Even if the power unit will be out of commission for a while, is there any way to get the hedge trimmer to The Hall of Trail Maintenance any time soon?

Sorry again if I should have been able to handle the first two issues.  I would have gladly taken care of them if I had known where to find the stuff.

~ Heavily caffeinated, for your protection.

« Last Edit: August 21, 2013, 09:48 PM by Ride_Wrench_Repeat. »

XXX
    TheMayor1
    Trail Steward - CamRock
    608-772-7833

August 22, 2013, 12:39 AM

I will try to find out some answers to these issues tomorrow. Though I will not be back 'til late.
    There should be string in the CORP Tupperware box along with cutters if it got it back on Monday night.

~ Chuck Hutchens

XXX

August 23, 2013, 03:05 PM

Found the string.  Just where you said it would be.  That particular implement of destruction is back in service.

~ Heavily caffeinated, for your protection.

XXX

September 30, 2013, 11:14 AM

I rode yesterday expecting to see a lot more leaves on my sections, but the whole loop was really nice! I think the trails are in great shape. I'm sure I'll have to walk the woods with the blower in a couple weeks (maybe a couple times).

One thing I noticed - the big top rock was moved off that drop at the beginning of the middle downhill trail from CR3. I assume it was getting loose and someone moved it.