•  

work day 5/3

augs
    Former President
    Board Member

May 04, 2014, 07:03 AM

How did the work day go?  Sorry I wasn't there; it was on my calendar but somehow I missed it when the family asked what was going on this weekend, and by the time I remembered it had already agreed to other stuff with them.  I'll get out later, though.

For what it's worth, a reminder posting early last week would have put it back on the front of my docket and I could have arranged to be there, but maybe I am the only trying to juggle a bunch of priorities with a less than air-tight memory.

Jon

XXX
    imwjl
    Middleton Bike Park Trail Steward
    Trail Steward

May 04, 2014, 08:34 AM

How did the work day go?  Sorry I wasn't there; it was on my calendar but somehow I missed it when the family asked what was going on this weekend, and by the time I remembered it had already agreed to other stuff with them.  I'll get out later, though.

For what it's worth, a reminder posting early last week would have put it back on the front of my docket and I could have arranged to be there, but maybe I am the only trying to juggle a bunch of priorities with a less than air-tight memory.

Jon

We got an awesome round of cleanup done and there are still resources there to do more work - water truck, tools, dirt, seed, matting, and our new dirt sifters.

I need to ride a bike some day so am not sure if I'll head back this AM.

You're an asst trail steward and stalwart if ever there was one so I'm sure our admin folks would respond to any reminders from you or elevate your rights so you can help broadcast events.

:)

XXX

May 05, 2014, 08:42 AM

Very good workday indeed! Not a huge crew, but certainly a huge thank you to those that came out!

We cleaned up two large bags of trash from across the park, two wheelbarrows of black irrigation pipe, too many golf balls, and rusty barrel to boot. Some bench cuts were repaired along with some drainage fixes in many places. One crew even went above and beyond and worked on some of flow line to make it more ridable and more fun!

Like William said, tools will be out there for a bit, I will probably be out there prior to the TV spot on Tuesday just doing some work so feel free to come out whenever.