•  

New Years Day Ride!!!!

December 31, 2014, 10:23 PM

Unfortunately I have to work 9-5 but that isn't stopping  me from riding a regular mountain bike on frozen trail on January 1st at Blue Mounds!!  The plan is to leave my garage at 5:45 pm.  I think it will end up being a short loop of singletrack, a beverage at Hooterville, and the return ride to my garage.  Who cares how long it is it's the first ride of the year!  Let's have fun!

Anybody in?

~ I like beer and men

XXX
    TheMayor1
    Trail Steward - CamRock
    Trail Steward
    608-772-7833

January 01, 2015, 09:11 AM

Sounds awesome Bear! I wish I could join you. It will be a great way to start out the year :)
    I will be helping with my son's already-postponed birthday party this afternoon/night, so between that and the Badger Game my day is shot.

~ Chuck Hutchens

XXX
    Gary S
    Board Member, co-Trail Steward Blue Mound SP
    Administrator

January 01, 2015, 02:18 PM

Just got done with the loop around the mound. The conditions are really pretty excellent, some ice and crunchy in some areas, but tons of grip for much of it. No liquid water to speak of.

XXX
    Walt Hougas
    Trail Steward - Blue Mound SP
    To Be A Man...

January 01, 2015, 09:01 PM

The best ride of the year. So far.

Amazing traction, if a bit slow rolling. I made Crux Climb today, also most  of Kipp's Climb.

XXX

January 01, 2015, 09:51 PM

Rode from my place to the trailhead, hit the rerouted beginner section and then rode Overlode backwards.  That was actually kind of fun!  The combination of dark and backwards makes you sort of forget where you are at.  Swung into Hooterville for a couple beers and a burger then rolled back to my place for a nightcap.  Awesome!

~ I like beer and men