•  

Packing the trail

December 29, 2015, 09:51 AM

Peter and I were out last night and snowshoed the complete Mounds loop by the time we were done our tracks out of the parking lot were covered - and my car didn't make it out of the lot, I need more ground clearance.

We are hoping that the snowshoers are out strong today getting it packed for us, plenty of snow cover for great riding, it just needs to be packed and packed where we want it!

For anyone that knows the trail, another set of snowshoe tracks down on our trail today would be very helpful. We ended up adding some unexpected mileage to the trail. There is a lot of tape out there and they all look the same in the dark in a snowstorm.

Jay

XXX

December 29, 2015, 11:27 AM

I stopped back out to pick up my car... the trail is drifted in at the ends, hopefully our tracks from last night are still visible once you get under the trees.

Find some time to go snowshoeing and selfishly convince your family and friends to join you.

XXX

December 31, 2015, 04:34 PM

Brian and Peter were out last night late, snowshoed in the 6+ mile loop and hand sawed some trees out of the way. I was out there today, it looks like a lot of snowshoe traffic was on most of the trail.

This is tough snow to pack and as usually we need more packing and tires on it to make it great. With the long weekend, more traffic and a good weather forecast, the complete trail could be in fast condition by Sunday.

XXX
    Walt Hougas
    Trail Steward - Blue Mound SP
    To Be A Man...

January 03, 2016, 08:53 AM

I got a chance to ride the trails on Saturday.

Thanks for a great job Jay, Peter, Brian and everyone who has given their time to stomp the trails. Riding was a blast!

We took damage from the Candlelight Ski hikers last night, but the bike trail held up pretty well.

Walt