•  

CamRock Needs to Get Blown

TheMayor1
    Trail Steward - CamRock
    608-772-7833

March 21, 2012, 11:19 PM

Who wants to do it? We need to get the leaves, sticks, and assorted detritus from the winter season blown off the trails. Getting the organic buildup off the trails allows them to dry quicker, armor better, and makes a better more sustainable trail. We even have a sweet backpack blower to use for accomplishing this task. All we need is some operators.

Tom, Mr. Pres, Harron started this task last weekend. Big thanks to Mike Meccia who got a serious chunk done today as well. I think all of Rattlesnake is done at this point.

So come help out if you can and make the trails better for everyone. The sooner we get this done the better. As the leaves get ridden into the trail they are harder to remove.
    six o eight . seven 7 two. seven 8 three 3. I will steer you to a key, where to find the leaf blower, and a quick rundown of areas that need attention.

~ Chuck Hutchens

XXX

March 22, 2012, 08:32 AM

Depending on what the weather does,  I'll try and get out there again this weekend.

XXX
    Dave
    Assistant Trail Stewart

March 22, 2012, 08:52 AM

I can head out after work tomorrow and on Sunday Chuck.

~ "No regrets, that's my motto. That and everybody wang chung tonight"

XXX
    Dave
    Assistant Trail Stewart

March 22, 2012, 08:52 AM

PS: You used the term "Get Blown". Teehee. :)

XXX

March 22, 2012, 05:41 PM

Was wondering when someone was gonna point that out haha

Sent from my Motorola Electrify using Tapatalk

XXX
    Dave
    Assistant Trail Stewart

March 24, 2012, 10:28 PM

Consider camrock blown. Kate and I walked the entire system this afternoon and cleared any debris from the trail. Onto trail maintenance.