•  

Pump Track Shoveling

February 03, 2022, 08:51 AM

Hey Guys, I think with no snow in the extended forecast, elbow grease and sun, we could get the pump track running soon.  The forecast for Tuesday and Wednesday next week looks warm. 

Anyone available for lunch break shoveling next week?

XXX
    imwjl
    Middleton Bike Park Trail Steward
    Trail Steward

February 03, 2022, 02:00 PM

Matt,

Thank you for thinking of this. I think you have my (Wm. L.) phone. Please send a text message as time gets close and I might be able to join.

:)

XXX

February 03, 2022, 09:25 PM

Yeah I’m in for that.

XXX
    augs
    Former President
    Board Member

February 06, 2022, 08:01 AM

Wednesday is better for me at lunchtime.  I could do either day at 4:00.  Pick a time and I'll get it up on Facebook.

XXX

February 06, 2022, 08:36 AM

I should be able to make any of those options, so I’ll leave preferences to others. I may head over there today to see what sort of shape it’s in currently.

XXX

February 06, 2022, 03:18 PM

Ok.  Awesome, thanks for the responses, guys.  I will be there at noon on Wednesday.

Also, let us know what you find out there today.

XXX

February 06, 2022, 06:53 PM

Fairly hard packed snow and a good bit of ice, particularly in low spots. Probably melt from the few warms days that refroze. It might take a few cracks to get this done. I will likely do some on Tuesday as well if the forecast for sunny and near 40 holds, but I will meet you out there on Wednesday too.

XXX

February 07, 2022, 07:59 AM

ok.  let's see what we can do.    ;D

XXX

February 08, 2022, 05:04 PM

There was a group of 3 of us working this afternoon. Made good progress, but plenty more to be done. There is some amount of ice under basically everything. Where it is exposed to the sun it’s easy to pry up and toss of trail, but where covered with snow and insulated and pretty much impossible. I think our first pass efforts should focus on removing as much of the top layer of loose snow as possible.

XXX

February 08, 2022, 08:06 PM

Beauty.

Hopefully we won't get too much snow this week.  See you tomorrow.

XXX

February 09, 2022, 02:26 PM

thanks to everyone that helped with this plan!   We have a rideable pump track.

As always, double check conditions before riding with any speed.  Conditions will likely change daily. 

XXX

February 10, 2022, 05:36 PM

Yeah its totally good riding. I scraped off the last little bits that were in the main line this afternoon then rode for about an hour. Really fun. Get out there!