•  

Introduce yourself!

October 24, 2013, 03:17 PM

I'm John.  I live south of Mount Horeb.  I organize the Barnyard Classic and Quaff It Loppet both held at my place.

In the stable:
    Giant Anthem
    Cannondale F1000
    Bridgestone MB4
    Alan Cross Bike
    De Bernardi Road Bike

http://www.flickr.com/photos/88706360@N08/8612805453/#in/set-72157633146222031

http://www.flickr.com/photos/88706360@N08/8613969066/#in/set-72157633146222031

XXX
    Bmoha7311
    Specialized Jeremy

October 24, 2013, 04:00 PM

Great to meet you John! What a great event! That has to be the coolest Mtn bike race event I've ever been to!

XXX
    JHenry
    Technical Terrain (TTF) Crew

October 24, 2013, 04:59 PM

I organize the Barnyard Classic and Quaff It Loppet both held at my place.

I must have been bumped to assistant  :'(
    XXX

October 24, 2013, 08:23 PM

J. Henry is the main man behind the BYC.  I just supply the land, port-a-potty & shotgun.

« Last Edit: October 24, 2013, 09:39 PM by EICHBIKES »

XXX
    singletrackminx

October 25, 2013, 10:21 AM

I'm Patricia...I'm a chick and drive a old red jeep. :P

Currently my apartment is home to a trek 7.3 fx waiting patiently on my trainer for me to ride it again, a motobecane hardtail which is teaching my 60+ yo father how to ride off road and my Scott Spark Elite FS 29r in my bedroom.

[attachment deleted by admin]

XXX

October 25, 2013, 11:56 AM

I'm Patricia...I'm a chick and drive a old red jeep. :P

Currently my apartment is home to a trek 7.3 fx waiting patiently on my trainer for me to ride it again, a motobecane hardtail which is teaching my 60+ yo father how to ride off road and my Scott Spark Elite FS 29r in my bedroom.

2 things

1) HA!!!!!  I told you over a year ago that your next car would be better suited for hauling bikes (and you thought it sounded more like I was ripping on your car). 

2) the guy who sold you the Mojobacon is a JERK!!!!

~ Heavily caffeinated, for your protection.

XXX
    Walt Hougas
    Trail Steward - Blue Mound SP
    Trail Steward
    To Be A Man...

October 25, 2013, 08:16 PM

I'm Walt. I ride one of these.

Other times of the year, it's a bike much like the second picture. I stole it off the internet (the picture, not the bike) because I'm lazy about taking pictures.

Third one is a self portrait. Whargarbl!

« Last Edit: October 25, 2013, 08:24 PM by Walt Hougas »

XXX

October 26, 2013, 11:05 AM

I'm Aaron (Hence the screen name), from Madison.

Home trails: QR/PV

I race XC on a Felt Nine,
    AM/FR/DH on a GT Force,
    DJ on a Planet X.

I'm pretty sure there's pics of those scattered around the forums here.

XXX

May 01, 2014, 07:14 PM

Jeff Leonard
    Just a fat guy who likes to ride his bikes.
    Also manage Trail This Bicycle Shop just opened on the corner of verona and the belt line.

XXX
    trailjumper
    Floating in the blimp-a-lot

May 08, 2014, 04:03 PM

Sup Wisco MTB'ers. I'll be in Madison for the next month starting tomorrow. I live in Chicago, and am an active CAMBr member.

I'll be working nonstop for the most part, (most weekends as well). I'm staying near the capitol building. Bringing my MTB, (just got a new Fezzari Timp Peak XT). I'm an experienced mountain biker, but am out of riding shape at the moment. Just got my 1st ride in last week. I prefer technical trails. I've lived in Vegas fora bit and rode NV, AZ, and Utah regularly. Took a vaca to Sedona to ride for a few days in March. I've ridden Blue Mounds and Kettle, but nothing local to Madison.

Love riding and good beer. Looking forward to checking out the trails and the town. My work will be in Windsor, WI, so if there are any trails on that side of town, that would be convenient for after work rides, let me know. It seems like most the trails are everywhere but the north side of town, but I suspect traffic isn't too bad in Madison. 

Chris

« Last Edit: May 08, 2014, 04:07 PM by trailjumper »

XXX

May 18, 2014, 08:24 AM

Hi,

I'm Zach, I live between Cross Plains and Mt Horeb.   Trail of choice is Blue Mounds for convenience.   New Years resolution is to get more involved in CORP, so hopefully I'll meet more of you in person -- it's been hard with a two little kids at home.

Bikes:
    Curtlo Fat
    Fisher Sawyer
    Black Mtn cross

XXX
    Walt Hougas
    Trail Steward - Blue Mound SP
    Trail Steward
    To Be A Man...

May 18, 2014, 06:26 PM

I'm Walt. I ride one of these.

Other times of the year, it's a bike much like the second picture. I stole it off the internet (the picture, not the bike) because I'm lazy about taking pictures.

Third one is a self portrait. Whargarbl!

Hey Mr. Admin!

You deleted both my pictures!

Walt

XXX
    Nelson
    Former Club President
    I ride bikes

May 18, 2014, 08:48 PM

Walt, I'm sorry the pics were deleted.  We only have so much space on the servers (because it is provided free of charge) that every now and then we need to run a scrip to delete older images to free up resources.  Often these are images that are over a year old.  Not sure why these seemingly recent ones would be gone.

~ i like social d

XXX

May 19, 2014, 10:57 AM

I'm Mike T. I ride wearing a pair of rec-specs with blue/lime green frames. So, you can recognize me on the trails as the geeky looking guy.

I've been in Madison for a few years now (here for grad school) and just started mountain biking.

My home trail is QR. I'll be biking out to the group rides from the down town Madison area, so if anyone else lives in the around there, we should coordinate our rides to QR.

I also enjoy riding out and around the country-side on the multi-use trails or the less busy roads.

I ride a black Giant Talon.

Ethan from IA, what department(s) are you and your fiancee in? I'm in chemistry. And I presume you graduated from ISU, I graduated from Grinnell.

XXX

May 19, 2014, 03:07 PM

Walt, I'm sorry the pics were deleted.  We only have so much space on the servers (because it is provided free of charge) that every now and then we need to run a scrip to delete older images to free up resources.  Often these are images that are over a year old.  Not sure why these seemingly recent ones would be gone.

imagemagick can resize images to a specific size or quality, it might be a little more friendly than nuking them.  I'm assuming the server is some flavor of linux, imagemagick is available on most distributions.

http://www.imagemagick.org/script/convert.php

something like this would resize images bigger than a meg by 50%, it would keep resizing them everytime it runs until they get under the quota

find /imagedir -type f -size +1000k -exec convert {} -resize 50% {}\;