•  

Sandy Climb Changes

October 30, 2012, 10:05 AM

At the workday on 10/29, we finished the alternate uphill near the sandy climb. The alternate route is open for riding as soon as the trails dry up.

FYI:
    - The old rocky climb section near the top is staying. The latest route is a new alternative option that should be easier and not as steep for less experienced riders. The old climb is slowly eroding, but it's a good challenge and the type of soil and grade somewhat limit how bad the erosion (and maintenance) will be.

- The downhill to the 3 Sisters was moved to accommodate the new uphill. This new downhill line will be expanded into more downhill options. Stay tuned for some additional workdays, probably on weekends this fall.

- The old climb at the bottom of the hill is permanently closed (the reroute is the only line). The old climb had too much erosion to keep it open. It was built on the fall line in a loose soil, and erosion would be a perpetual problem requiring a lot of maintenance.

Jeff

XXX

October 30, 2012, 11:03 AM

Nice, look forward to checking it out.

XXX

October 30, 2012, 01:17 PM

It's pretty awesome, just sayin.

Sent from my Motorola Electrify using Tapatalk 2

XXX

October 30, 2012, 07:46 PM

Thanks for the new climb option guys.  Can't wait to see the new downhill options... :-*  KKKKickers?

XXX

October 31, 2012, 03:29 AM

Can't wait to see it!  I wish I had been available to help.  Thanks a lot to everyone who did help.  Maybe I'll have to go for a hike before work tomorrow and check it out.

As for the future, maybe put a 3-4' drop in now that the big sister is gone and the middle sister has been turned into more of a latter ride?  In any case, I can't wait to see what you guys come up with(Though preferably not just more gap jumps.) and with a couple weeks notice hopefully I can come help build it.  Or at least help clear brush or move dirt or something.

XXX
    The_Aaron
    Victory!

October 31, 2012, 12:45 PM

Thanks for your hardwork...you guys continue to make quarry ridge new and exciting!

~ C'mon, lets go for a whirl