•  

On rerouting the QR sandy climb

April 03, 2012, 03:57 AM

Yo quiero numero dos.

XXX
    JM

April 09, 2012, 08:26 AM

If you guys remember QR was set up in the beginning for the Freeriders, I am the one who started it and that is how we wrote the MOU. We added the XC loop for the city so that we could create the areas for the freeriders. There has been several discussions on this topic, so much that at one point people left the club over it. There is no doubt that QR is the closest place for the XC dudes to burn some laps and this is a valuable piece of realestate, but the real reason it exhists is the freeride crowd. The guys that work out there are mostly those rider types, The stewards that have run the place are Freeriders, so it make s sense that the system is geared toward Freeriding. When I flagged the place in the beginning the sandy climb was actuially slated for downhill, we needed to open the park on time so we just used it as an up because it added some milage to the park. If you look real hard you will find my original flags marking the original up hill.

With that being said I like the sandy climb.

XXX
    blackbike (Scot E)
    None more black

April 09, 2012, 08:49 AM

:-X

~ Look up on the wall baby, hand me down my shootin' iron.
    Call your mother long distance, tell her to expect your body home.

XXX

April 09, 2012, 08:50 AM

MOU if anyone wants to read it.

[attachment deleted by admin]

~ Burn rubber

XXX
    JM

April 09, 2012, 08:57 AM

As I said main body of the MOU is about TTF stuff

XXX
    JM

April 09, 2012, 08:57 AM

:-X
    Really,
    and you see I agree with keeping the sandy climb! ;D

XXX

April 09, 2012, 11:18 AM

No reason we cant have everything as long as xc riders come out to help, which we saw a decent amount of on saturday, although not many familiar faces.

Sent from my Motorola Electrify using Tapatalk