September 05, 2012, 09:47 AM

I'll be there around 7.

Sent from my Motorola Electrify using Tapatalk 2

XXX
    Renegade Rick
    Webmaster
    Administrator

September 06, 2012, 08:42 AM

Nice meeting with you kids yesterday. I think the suggested minor reroutes will go a long way to get me up that hill on the bike instead of pushing it. I hope to make it out to the actual workdays. I can usually make weekend afternoons.

Thanks!

XXX

September 06, 2012, 07:11 PM

As a new rider I'm excited about the possibility of an easier path up the hill... of course, I've almost got the hang of the climb now.

XXX

September 10, 2012, 08:19 AM

As discussed on our planning day, I was able to get the new climb roughed in and benched a good portion of it on Saturday. I also roughed in the part where the trail re routs closer to the fence and doubles back where the existing climb gets steep and is unsistainable. I actually incorperated a little bot of the hill to act as a berm in the corner.
    Here we would be coming now on the right side of the photo and doubling back to the left.

the top of the new re route has been cleared and is reday to be benched

Here are two photos of the mid section of the climb, its looking really nice but there is a spot that looks to be a small drainage ravene that we should discuss bridging or a rock crossing.

also round upped the poison Ivy at the bottom of the re route.

Shouldnt take too much more to get it ridable. There is one dear tree that need to be cut out, about 3" diameter.

XXX

September 10, 2012, 09:23 AM

Wow! Thanks for all the work!

I also roughed in the part where the trail re routs closer to the fence and doubles back where the existing climb gets steep and is unsistainable.

Just to verify, you are referring to the first short steep section once you double back past the picnic table?...right after it there is a sandy section before the rocky climb. That piece is being eliminated/rerouted?

XXX

September 10, 2012, 09:55 AM

yup, thats right, its right before the first steep section, we're swinging the trail left along the fence then circling back and using part of the hillside, then cutting left again about 20ft down the trail around a tree and back up closer to the downhill run and angling the trail accross the hillside instead of going strait up. 8)

XXX

September 10, 2012, 10:19 AM

Wow! Thanks for all the work!

This! Can't wait to check out the new line.

XXX

September 10, 2012, 10:39 AM

This will help you visualize what we're doing

XXX

September 14, 2012, 10:07 PM

I was out there this evening and almost ran over a shovel someone left behind a jump.  This was on the trail that runs right next to the sandy hill climb.  I didn't see anyone around who might be using it so i just stashed the shovel behind CORP's metal storage box near the picnic table. (shovel was a standard spade type with orange handle)

XXX

September 15, 2012, 10:38 AM

I was out there this evening and almost ran over a shovel someone left behind a jump.  This was on the trail that runs right next to the sandy hill climb.  I didn't see anyone around who might be using it so i just stashed the shovel behind CORP's metal storage box near the picnic table. (shovel was a standard spade type with orange handle)

omg glad u weren't hurt... who did that!

~ It's not the ride, it's the rider.
    Go big or go home.
    Know what you are up against.