•  

Blackhawk Bike Membership.

imwjl
    Middleton Bike Park Trail Steward
    Trail Steward

March 07, 2012, 07:13 AM

Here are some answers to questions I got about riding at Blackhawk, and bike membership info.

Current and past presidents Mark and Pat said the bike membership is really the off ski season and not strictly Memorial Day through Labor Day as is posted.

Bike only membership is $10.55 and $21.10 for students and everybody else.

You can register via web or mail the membership form with your payment.

www.blackhawkskiclub.org

The membership form is attached here.

[attachment deleted by admin]

XXX

March 14, 2012, 12:26 PM

Thanks - I just signed up for a limited annual student membership. Can't beat that price for a student, much cheaper than I expected it to be.

Is there anywhere online I can check the MTB trail status? Will this info get posted to the "Hill Conditions" page? I figure they're not ready, but I am just curious for the future. I'd also be interested in trail work days. I checked some of those boxes when signing up, so I guess there will be emails or something about that.

XXX

March 14, 2012, 02:31 PM

For mtb trails you will be more likely to find out about workdays from william or I on the forums here. I'll post when theyre ready. Hopefully I'll check it out this weekend

Sent from my Motorola Electrify using Tapatalk

XXX

March 15, 2012, 10:45 PM

I walked the main dh run the other day, the top half is prob good to go now.  the bottom half prob not!

XXX
    imwjl
    Trail Steward

March 16, 2012, 01:18 PM

Speaking of membership, Blackhawk Ski Club has now joined us as an IMBA Affiliate Club - a very nice gesture to support all that's going on for area riders.

XXX

March 20, 2012, 10:32 PM

what does that mean william, is there any link between bh and corp?  I wouldn't think so but know corp is in imba too, I don't know the politics behind this or really care to much, just wondering what that means for bh and pv 's relationship

XXX

March 20, 2012, 10:32 PM

btw, riding some of the best it ever has!

XXX
    Nelson
    Former Club President
    I ride bikes

March 21, 2012, 06:16 AM

No link. All BH has done is basically "joined" IMBA as a club. Gets them on the radar but there is nothing official between CORP and BH.

~ i like social d

XXX
    Dave
    Assistant Trail Stewart

March 21, 2012, 07:11 AM

Tom keep us (me) posted on trail days and I would love to come out and help.

~ "No regrets, that's my motto. That and everybody wang chung tonight"

XXX

March 21, 2012, 08:35 AM

If Blackhawk has joined IMBA as an affiliate club it puts them in the same status as we were with IMBA for the previous 6 years+ (my records only go back that far).

They are recognized on there own as supporting IMBA (I think it's $60/year) but it does not create a connection with CORP.

Of course none of the above should discourage anybody from joining/riding/working at BH....quite the opposite!

~ I like beer and men

XXX

March 21, 2012, 08:48 AM

according to the membership fees, am I reading it right. If I want to ride now, its a 100 bucks, wait till Memorial Day its 20?  Im not interested in joining, but wanted to see if that is correct, quite a jump.

~ Burn rubber

XXX

March 21, 2012, 09:16 AM

according to the membership fees, am I reading it right. If I want to ride now, its a 100 bucks, wait till Memorial Day its 20?  Im not interested in joining, but wanted to see if that is correct, quite a jump.
    Current and past presidents Mark and Pat said the bike membership is really the off ski season and not strictly Memorial Day through Labor Day as is posted.

Sounds like the $20 rate is more of a "warm weather" membership and it is good for whenever the bike trails are open. I don't think you need to go for the $100 rate unless you're interested in XC skiing/ski jumping.

XXX

March 21, 2012, 09:30 AM

Dont listen to the dates, the policy is changed and not updated on the website as william said earlier in this thread. Biking membership is "season long". I even took the ski bike out there a couple times this winter.

Sent from my Motorola Electrify using Tapatalk

XXX

March 21, 2012, 09:58 AM

Hell yeah ski biking!!!  I rode, er, skiid, er ski biked out there a bunch!  My understanding is that the membership is good for a year beginning with memorial day.  Correct me if I'm wrong please.

XXX
    imwjl
    Trail Steward

March 21, 2012, 10:30 AM

Hell yeah ski biking!!!  I rode, er, skiid, er ski biked out there a bunch!  My understanding is that the membership is good for a year beginning with memorial day.  Correct me if I'm wrong please.

It's fairly simple, and the definition of summer use season will be redefined at the next board meeting. The current and past presidents said it's fine for bikers to be on the property as long as they have paid for one of the 3 levels of membership.

http://www.blackhawkskiclub.org/membership/