•  

Trail cleanup status

Tom Harron
    Former Club President
    Former President and Race Director of Battle of CR

April 19, 2014, 12:03 PM

Is it too wet to walk the trails with leaf blower?

Let me know.

Tom Harron

XXX
    Gary S
    Board Member, co-Trail Steward Blue Mound SP
    Administrator

April 19, 2014, 01:51 PM

Is it too wet to walk the trails with leaf blower?

Let me know.

Tom Harron

Arguably, but I went out anyways Thursday night from the trail head through Serpentine Climb and the bailout. Holy Schist, Home Stretch, Over Lode, and Pokerville need it. Over Lode is fine to walk I'm sure. Just plan to get a little muddy and you'll be fine. Thanks Tom, and please report back if you get out and log your time.

XXX
    Tom Harron
    Former Club President

April 21, 2014, 08:14 PM

Gary,

I didn't get out but will try to help out. Did we ever get permission to park some of our equipment within the park? How can I get the blower?

Tom

XXX
    Walt Hougas
    Trail Steward - Blue Mound SP
    To Be A Man...

April 22, 2014, 10:06 AM

Gary,

I didn't get out but will try to help out. Did we ever get permission to park some of our equipment within the park? How can I get the blower?

Tom

Hi Tom,

We're facing the same problem as last year. The trailer is the only place we have to hand off tools. It didn't move last year. But I'm not happy with storing our tools there because it's now the property of the state and can be moved without notice.

Probably it would be safe to transfer tools via the trailer, but I'm not enthusiastic about chancing it. Not with the power equipment.

Thanks for the kind offer of help, but by the time we arrange a dropoff and pickup of the blower, it would take less time to just do it myself.

Walt

XXX
    TheMayor1
    Trail Steward - CamRock
    Trail Steward
    608-772-7833

April 22, 2014, 11:47 AM

Gary,

Tom

Hi Tom,

We're facing the same problem as last year. The trailer is the only place we have to hand off tools. It didn't move last year. But I'm not happy with storing our tools there because it's now the property of the state and can be moved without notice.

Probably it would be safe to transfer tools via the trailer, but I'm not enthusiastic about chancing it. Not with the power equipment.

Thanks for the kind offer of help, but by the time we arrange a dropoff and pickup of the blower, it would take less time to just do it myself.

Walt
    Tom you can come to CamRock and blow all you want :D It needs it!

~ Chuck Hutchens

XXX

April 22, 2014, 12:04 PM

The precise moment a thread begins to unravel....

XXX
    TheMayor1
    Trail Steward - CamRock
    Trail Steward
    608-772-7833

April 22, 2014, 12:08 PM

The precise moment a thread begins to unravel....
    You are welcome ;)
    I guess I figured the answers were given and thread was now dead.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

~ Chuck Hutchens

XXX
    Tom Harron
    Former Club President

April 22, 2014, 03:12 PM

Rich you are correct. Chuck… Blue Mounds is 12 minutes from my house. CR is 45 minutes each way. I want to put my efforts in BM and Seminole this summer. I'll still be full court press the week before the Race.

Tom

XXX
    Gary S
    Board Member, co-Trail Steward Blue Mound SP
    Administrator

July 10, 2014, 09:31 PM

Rich you are correct. Chuck… Blue Mounds is 12 minutes from my house. CR is 45 minutes each way. I want to put my efforts in BM and Seminole this summer. I'll still be full court press the week before the Race.

Tom

Tom if you're still interested in helping out, we could use some help trimming weeds.  We can get you access to the trimmer easily, just PM me or Walter.  Thanks