•  

29er, family biking, clearing out garage.

March 17, 2014, 05:56 PM

I am getting older and my daughter is getting bigger so we need to sell what we have and make room for some bikes that better suit our needs.

Here is what we have:

2010 Marin Nail Trail 29, 20.5" frame, nice bike, well spec'ed. Has maybe 50 miles on it, injury kept me from riding it much and my body tells me it is time for FS. I have a 50mm, 80mm or a 110 mm stem for it (50mm on it now), your choice. Also a Thompson setback seat post as well if you would prefer that over the straight. A few different grips, again your choice. Other than those parts, an Evoke RL seat, and a thompson seat collar it is basically stock.
    Sold (really don't know what an almost new, 4 year old bikes value should be)

2008 Marin San Rafael, 19" frame. In the pic it has the moose rack attached for the trailer bike, that stays with the trailerbike, unless bought together. Nice riding bike on the rail trails with the family or around town. Would make a decent commuter too. Has a Brooks saddle on it, I can take that off if it is not your thing. $175/offer

2012 (I think) Marin Hidden Canyon Girls bike. 20" wheels. This little bike has been wonderful for my daughter, it really allowed her to try out mountain biking. She loves it and doesn't want to get rid of it, but after she realized a larger bike can move even faster and roll over more stuff she is willing to let it go. Still in great shape, never left outside, well cared for, no paint chips etc. $225/offer
    Sold
    2007 or '08 Burley Piccolo. Excellent shape. This is the geared version of their trailerbike. Attaches to a mounted rack on the adults bike rather than the seat post. Rack will mount to most bikes except for a 29er (tires too big, although they sell a larger rack now to fit). We have some great memories from this bike. It was always pulled by the 2008 Marin without issue, stable, hardly even know it is there so long as the kid on back helps a little bit. We haven't used it in 3 years but the memories kept me from selling it...time for it to make someone else wonderful memories I suppose. $225/offer
    Sold
    All these bikes have been maintained by myself other than when taken in for the free tune up offered with purchase that they always give at bike shops, and even then I would always give them a once over just because I enjoy working on bikes.

« Last Edit: March 28, 2014, 11:39 PM by Salty »

XXX

March 17, 2014, 06:46 PM

Might be interested in the brooks saddle if its a standard b17.  What would you need for it?

~ Burn rubber

XXX

March 18, 2014, 11:51 AM

pm sent Dave, thanks. :)

XXX

March 20, 2014, 02:04 PM

Update/bump.

The 2008 Marin now has a Bontrager Evoke saddle instead of the Brooks and price reflects this.

After doing some research online, prices reflect a more realistic expectation as well I think. If not, don't be afraid to tell me I am all jacked, I have bonked my head a few too many times and probably some other things when I was younger to be playing with a full deck all the time.

Marin Nail Trail Sold
    2008 Marin San Rafael $175

Marin Hidden Canyon $195   Sold
    Burley Piccolo $195  Sold

As always, offers are welcome, would rather make a fair deal and make a member happy than trade them in.

« Last Edit: March 28, 2014, 11:39 PM by Salty »

XXX

March 21, 2014, 02:37 PM

Update: The kids stuff is sold. The the two other bikes I dropped to just above trade in value.

XXX

March 23, 2014, 05:49 PM

I know someone interested in the Nail Trail. Can you PM me your phone #?

XXX

March 23, 2014, 06:42 PM

PM sent, thanks!

XXX

March 27, 2014, 08:53 AM

CORP only price drop!

Nail Trail Sold

San Rafael $165

Going out of town next week and looking to move these by next Monday 3/31.

« Last Edit: March 28, 2014, 11:40 PM by Salty »

XXX
    Q
    Bonner

March 27, 2014, 12:08 PM

Really interested in the Nail Trail. I live in MN, though. I'll be in WI for the BALLS ride. Will you be there?

I've been looking for a cheap way to try the 29er thing "for real".

Let's talk!

XXX

March 27, 2014, 12:55 PM

Hi Q,

I will not be at BALLS, hopefully in the future though, it sounds like fun.

As of now, the plan is to have these bikes gone by early next week before picking up some new ones for a family trip. Promised my wife these would be gone to make room for the new ones, she is smarter and better looking than me, so I didn't argue with her about it.

XXX
    Q
    Bonner

March 27, 2014, 10:14 PM

Check your PMs, salty dawg!