•  

yeah, so about that Kombi

August 05, 2015, 02:36 PM

I put the Kombi through its paces today. 

It started fine.  I ran three tanks of gas through it (from the only Stihl Mix can I could find).  When I went to start it up after its fourth re-fuel, it didn't want  to start.  It was running just fine when I shut it off to top off its tank for the last time (I did not run it dry).  I suppose it is possible that it got the vapors and will start just fine when it is cold? 

I don't know who tends to these things but since I am no small engine expert, I didn't want to muck it up. 

It is in the Shed Of Solitude, Cambridge WI

Long live the Kombi

~ Heavily caffeinated, for your protection.

XXX
    TheMayor1
    Trail Steward - CamRock
    608-772-7833

August 05, 2015, 03:43 PM

Man it is just not your week for that Kombi is it?
    I will try and take a look at it after CamRock Climbers practice tonight. I'm no expert either, so if it does not start then, I will try and get it in to the Stihl dealer in town.

~ Chuck Hutchens

XXX

August 06, 2015, 09:30 AM

Man it is just not your week for that Kombi is it?
    I will try and take a look at it after CamRock Climbers practice tonight. I'm no expert either, so if it does not start then, I will try and get it in to the Stihl dealer in town.

It was a tad irritating to be that close to done (laying the tall weeds back) and not be able to finish. 

That thing was getting a work out.  The gear box was hotter than a match head, so it makes a little sense that the carb was locked and easy to flood. When I bought my Kombi, the guy said that every so often they just need adjustment.  It will be working fine and then SCHWAMMO, it goes on strike.

I was planning on a follow up trip out there soon to take the Dr Feelgood BrushTrimmer out for a lap, so its not the end of the world, ill finish with the LAYBAC machine then.

Did you get a chance to have a crack at it? 

~ Heavily caffeinated, for your protection.

XXX
    TheMayor1
    Trail Steward - CamRock
    608-772-7833

August 06, 2015, 01:00 PM

I forgot to check it last night. But I am here now and she popped right off on the first pull.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

~ Chuck Hutchens