•  

BH Trail Status & Trail Posse Updates.

augs
    Former President
    Board Member

October 21, 2014, 11:38 PM

Upper Downer could probably use some work with the trimmer.  Otherwise mostly leaf and debris removal.  A few of us will be starting around noon to get at this stuff and hopefully do finish work on the completion of the Pines, if Chad is able to get out and clear the corridor.

XXX

October 22, 2014, 08:09 AM

walked around yesterday evening with the blower and cleared a bunch of trails and repacked a few lips on the upper jumps. will have another chance later this week to get out there. bottom of deer trail needs some trimming as well.
    what are you guys finishing in the pines?

XXX
    imwjl
    Middleton Bike Park Trail Steward
    Trail Steward

October 22, 2014, 10:45 AM

walked around yesterday evening with the blower and cleared a bunch of trails and repacked a few lips on the upper jumps. will have another chance later this week to get out there. bottom of deer trail needs some trimming as well.
    what are you guys finishing in the pines?

Thanks Kevin!

The mini excavator is supposed to be delivered or Friday. Jon's heading up some trail work Saturday before the party. I'm sure one of us will post here when we know about the machine. If everything aligns and some diggers can show the pines might be done when the party starts Saturday. Still, what's there gives a taste of what's ahead.

At least two of the benefactors who've donated to the youth program and bought the machine will be at the open house and will give a presentation.

Thanks again Kevin!

XXX
    augs
    Former President
    Board Member

October 24, 2014, 08:10 PM

There is newly cut trail to do finish work on.  I plan on getting out there about noon to get a couple hours in before the open house; come out and lend a hand if you like.

XXX
    augs
    Former President
    Board Member

June 07, 2015, 10:49 PM

Might be time to take a break from new construction and do some maintenance.  Just about everything needs to be trimmed, some more than others.  There are trees down on the Classic (easy to remove, with chainsaw), Gully (also easy), and Long's Short Trail (difficult, multiple trees and crossings).  Doesn't look good for me this weekend, but I may be able to get out next weekend.  Post up if you get anything done.

XXX
    augs
    Former President
    Board Member

June 28, 2015, 07:16 AM

I trimmed almost everything, but ran out of gas and time at the top of Deer Run; the string trimmer would work better there anyway, which I didn't have.  There are places where the blower or a rake would be helpful to clear the debris if anyone is interested.  Also cleared the trees from the classic loop and Long's Short Trail.

The top section of the new western climb badly needs hand-work to become decent trail; the grass is going to re-claim it very quickly otherwise.

XXX
    augs
    Former President
    Board Member

July 26, 2015, 10:00 PM

There is no shortage of trimming to be done, but there is also handwork to do following the mini-ex on the lower section of Howling Wolff.  Smoothing, tamping and sculpting.  Anything we can get done now will make it rideable faster once Chad breaks through.

XXX
    imwjl
    Trail Steward

August 16, 2015, 01:46 PM

Thank you Sunday AM volunteers! Trees cut, weeds cut, and some dirt shaped.

The Gully is open.

Chad will be working and riding all day and can use more help. We're close to finishing lower Howling Wolf. It's looking mighty fine.

XXX
    augs
    Former President
    Board Member

September 13, 2015, 10:01 PM

I got a bit of trimming done around the East Chalet this weekend, but there is plenty more work to do if we want the trails to look and ride their best for the Bash.  Trimming on the upper part of Howling Wolf, the original downhill above and below the road, Deer Run, and the Island trail.  The first berm and half-dozen or so rollers on the new section of Howlin' Wolff are very rough, and could use some handwork.  A couple small spots on the roller coaster have drainage issues that are pretty obvious right now, but will get less so if the dry weather continues.  Post up if you get out or need access to the power tools.

XXX
    imwjl
    Trail Steward

September 19, 2015, 07:01 AM

Chad will be the be working on Howling Wolff across the road today and tomorrow. Volunteers will be much appreciated. This amazing trail is almost done. Please help make it happen for the Bash and TAKMB weekends coming up.

XXX
    imwjl
    Trail Steward

September 20, 2015, 01:09 PM

Amazing trail work happening today _and_ you can ride a bike.

Not a member? You've still got 2+ months before Thanksgiving so send $25 or $50 (family) for trail only membership or join for the ski season.

XXX
    augs
    Former President
    Board Member

September 21, 2015, 09:47 PM

Folks will be out doing handwork on the new trails Saturday morning, and we will be doing the same, plus some trimming and other maintenance on Sunday morning before the Bash.  Come on out and lend a hand if you can!

XXX
    imwjl
    Trail Steward

October 30, 2015, 08:12 PM

Second new gully bridge is complete.

Brian & William did leaf blowing here on 10/30/15:

-Saris Roller Coaster (aka Upper Pines)
    -Howling Wolff Loop
    -Howling Wolff Lower
    -35 Up
    -Back Home
    -Gully Downhill
    -Geezer Gulch (Middle of gully.)

Enjoy!

Remember: No riding when wet!

XXX

November 11, 2015, 11:09 AM

the new gully jumps look in progress but look super nice, can't wait to see that trail take shape

XXX
    ChadLando
    Trek Trails Coordinator // Landowski Trailworx LLC

November 12, 2015, 06:05 PM

I'll be out working on the new gully dh / expert jump trail again this weekend.  If you are into gravity riding I urge you to come out, check out what we're in the process of creating and help with some hand sculpting behind the machine.  My plan is to be on the machine from 9 a.m. to dark both days.