•  

Final Trail Work day of the year Oct. 26th!

October 07, 2014, 08:30 AM

The last official Trail Work Day at Seminole will be Sunday, Oct. 26th @ 11am.

This should complete the outer EASY loop in preparation for SnowBiking season!

Please come out and show your support for this great new addition to Madison and CORP's arsenal.

We will concentrate on the end of the EASY loop and the combined return trail. Raking, scraping and dirt work.

« Last Edit: November 18, 2014, 04:29 PM by Nick C. »

XXX

October 17, 2014, 09:05 PM

We should have some fresh dirt to deal with the major glass problem towards the end of the Easy Loop.

Shovels and wheelbarrows will be needed for the 26th!

Also need someone to be a backup leading the workday in case I can't make it. PM for details.

XXX

October 21, 2014, 01:03 PM

I need a 2nd person to run the workday; any volunteers?

XXX

October 23, 2014, 09:53 PM

We will have 8-10 yards of dirt to move on Sunday. I will be there leading the charge.

Please bring shovels and wheelbarrows, those that can.

XXX
    Nelson
    Former Club President
    I ride bikes

October 24, 2014, 09:23 AM

I will be there leading the charge.

Great news Nick.  Glad you could shake free.  Your leadership at Seminole has been spectacular.

~ i like social d

XXX

October 24, 2014, 11:47 AM

Great news Nick.  Glad you could shake free.  Your leadership at Seminole has been spectacular [/quote]

I heartily second that thought.  Thanks, Nick, and I plan to be there next Wednesday armed with barrow, shovel and rake.

XXX

October 26, 2014, 06:40 PM

Dirt came on Friday and went on Sunday! We had a great group of volunteers today including some new ones from Madison's MTB Meetup Group.

We laid down a raised 8-10" path through "Glass Alley," and finished up cleaning and shaping the last bit of the Easy Loop as well as Raking the entire Easy Loop.

Except for the  2 water crossings which we hope to bridge next Spring, the outer Easy Loop is finished!

Thanks to all the volunteers who have help make this happen! We hope to have a few more great weeks of riding weather, so get out and enjoy!

Wednesdays will continue while we still have some daylight left.

XXX
    Walt Hougas
    Trail Steward - Blue Mound SP
    Trail Steward
    To Be A Man...

October 27, 2014, 07:11 AM

Great work Nick!

Walt

XXX
    TheMayor1
    Trail Steward - CamRock
    Trail Steward
    608-772-7833

October 27, 2014, 08:34 AM

Great work on this everyone.
    Great job Nick taking the reigns since August and making this a reality.
    And thanks to all the volunteers coming out and making it happen!
    A nice addition to the CORP trails in the Madison area 8)

~ Chuck Hutchens