•  

Full moon trail rides?

April 08, 2012, 01:20 AM

Anybody have an interest in some full moon no lights (depending on visibility) trail rides. 

Bring lights just try not to use them.  One of the best night rides I did I got stuck out in the middle of bluemounds on a late evening ride cause we went the wrong way with brad weld and we both only had the light from his cell phone camera.  It was one of the best rides of my life, riding the technical rocky stuff by feel in the almost full moon was awesome. 

If this sounds to scary the people who are adamat about lights go in the front and the people who aren't go in back.

I've been thinking this would be fun to get a slow paced fun (maybe bring a beer or two) group ride and do a different trail each month on the closest fri or sat night to the full moon weather permitting.

Thoughts?

XXX

April 11, 2012, 07:18 AM

I like it.

XXX
    TheMayor1
    Trail Steward - CamRock
    Trail Steward
    608-772-7833

April 11, 2012, 10:57 AM

I like it.
    x2. I have done of few of these rides myself. They can be pretty fun. Sometimes unintentional like yours. Sometimes it is fun to just turn the lights off.

Most memorable was unintentionally riding a lap at Pitch Black a couple years back without lights after they crapped out on me. It was a pretty fun lap though! Some scary sections in the deep, dark, woods. Went down hard once, and I had to go back after the race to find out what I hit. But it was really awesome riding the prairie in the moonlight 8)

~ Chuck Hutchens

XXX

April 11, 2012, 06:46 PM

The worst circumstances turn normal rides into adventures!

I will check the full moon calendar and get a post up here like a week or so in advance so we can iron out a time and day that most can come.

XXX

April 19, 2012, 01:30 AM

How's about Friday, May 4th, 10 pm at camrock?

XXX
    TheMayor1
    Trail Steward - CamRock
    Trail Steward
    608-772-7833

April 19, 2012, 10:37 PM

How's about Friday, May 4th, 10 pm at camrock?
    Too late for me. I will be up at 5:30a on Saturday getting ready for the CamRock Trail Day on the 5th. I would love a night ride earlier though.

~ Chuck Hutchens

XXX

April 20, 2012, 02:55 AM

I am not sure what time my softball game is, I may be able to do earlier.  Don't let me stop you either!

XXX

May 03, 2012, 11:02 PM

I got a softball game at 7:30 and it maxes out at an hour of gameplay so I can prob be out there at 9:00, 9:30 to be on the safe side?  I got to work tomorrow sat night although it's supposed to be the biggest moon of all year.

How's the trail?  I can do sunday evening too.

XXX
    g
    And last but not least.......

May 15, 2012, 02:06 PM

I think this would be awesome to do in the winter once I get my fat bike.  With the trees bare the moonlight would shine through really well I feel.  So in 7 months count me in.   ;)

XXX

June 03, 2012, 03:05 AM

Sunday (tomorrow) night, sunset is at 8:30.  Anybody care to join me for an almost full moon night ride.  I plan on getting going at 8:30.  I'm thinking the farm would make for a good night ride, open to suggestions though.