•  

Ride the Keweenaw 2012

Dave
    Assistant Trail Stewart

March 05, 2012, 08:56 AM

If anyone is looking for a good or bad reason to get up north and ride some awesome single track then you should head up to Ride the Keweenaw. It gives you a nice taste of all of the trails from Houghton to Copper Harbor and everything in between (Maasto Hitto, Churning Rapids, Swedetown, etc).

For more info check here: http://www.facebook.com/events/377878668908818/

~ "No regrets, that's my motto. That and everybody wang chung tonight"

XXX
    TheMayor1
    Trail Steward - CamRock
    Trail Steward
    608-772-7833

March 06, 2012, 09:30 AM

Really need to get up there this year. I would really like to get up for the IMBA Epic Ride grand opening festivities over Memorial Day weekend. Now with Pitch Black moved I may get up again for the Copper Harbor Fat Tire Festival over labor day.

~ Chuck Hutchens

XXX
    Dave
    Assistant Trail Stewart

March 06, 2012, 11:51 AM

Chuck! You're alive!!! Now answer your damn email. :)

PS: Anytime you want to head up I am making frequent journeys to the land of Gitchee Gumme.

XXX
    Gary S
    Board Member, co-Trail Steward Blue Mound SP
    Administrator

May 22, 2012, 08:36 AM

Any advice for someone planning a last-minute trip up there this weekend?  I'm guessing the campgrounds will be mostly full.  Any ideas as to where to stay on the cheap, and which trails to ride for 2 or 3 days worth?  I was looking around and it seems like Copper Harbor, Swedetown, and the Michigan Tech trails look promising.  I'm mostly into flowy to technical singletrack.

XXX

May 24, 2012, 03:27 AM

I'll be there all weekend tearing it up like we do!!  So Stoked!!

XXX
    Gary S
    Board Member, co-Trail Steward Blue Mound SP
    Administrator

May 24, 2012, 07:18 PM

Change of plans so I won't be up there this weekend.  Maybe not until next year, I blew a lot of vacation for Moab but don't regret it for a second.  Have fun!

XXX
    Dave
    Assistant Trail Stewart

May 24, 2012, 08:50 PM

Tim, give me a call on Saturday. I'll be one of the ride leaders at the MTU trail ride. 608-515-4080

XXX

June 03, 2012, 03:09 AM

Sorry I missed ya Dave.  I don't do the group rides cause my riding style doesn't fit in with them.  I go slower than everyone climbing and faster than most on dh parts.

We rode those trails a little on monday on our way back through, they were sweet but I was injured from a wicked crash on sunday so it just hurt, I want to go play on their wooden ttf stuff though it was sweet.  I cleaned a lot of it but nothing that tall cause another wipeout from high up would have been awful.

I wish we could have stuff like that here!!!!