•  

7/1 BBB BlueMounds

Tim Barber
    Board Member at Large

June 23, 2012, 01:31 PM

What: Bikes, Beer, and Brats!!!  Version 2.0 for 2012.

Where:  Blue Mound State Park

When: July 1st, 2pm.

The 411:  So, why do we need to have this fine little get together?  Simple, there is no better way to spend a Sunday afternoon than riding some tough trail, having a few cold quality barley pops, and filling your stomach with Johnsonville's finest!

Meet at the top of the mound.  Way up at the top.  Drive around the paved road up top until you find us!  I'll try to have a sign or two, or empty six pack containers, marking the picnic spot we will be using.

The ride leaves at 2pm and will be a group ride of the no-drop variety.  We'll roll directly from the picnic area so don't go parking at the regular trailhead by the pool. Blue Mound is tough so bring your A-game but don't worry we are riding to have fun not to break souls.

Post ride beverages and brats will be provided by CORP back at the picnic area we started at.

WHO:  Here's the best part....everybody is invited!  Bring a friend, bring your family, bring a neighbor.  Experienced rider or newbie come on out and have some fun!

« Last Edit: June 23, 2012, 04:08 PM by sbear55 »

XXX

June 23, 2012, 04:20 PM

Hell yes!  I'm in.

~ I like beer and men

XXX
    Q
    Bonner

June 23, 2012, 05:13 PM

I'll be riding Levis that day, and camping the rest of the weekend near there. Sad to miss this event. I hope there is another.

XXX
    Gary S
    Board Member, co-Trail Steward Blue Mound SP
    Administrator

June 23, 2012, 07:39 PM

Unless I'm mistaken, Corp-Fest is in a few weeks, and it's at Blue Mounds.  So... you should try to make that!

XXX
    Walt Hougas
    Trail Steward - Blue Mound SP
    Trail Steward
    To Be A Man...

June 23, 2012, 08:10 PM

I'm planning to be there. Will there be people to help show me around so I don't get lost?

Walt

XXX

June 24, 2012, 06:44 AM

Walt,

I'm sure someone could could volunteer to guide you so you don't get lost.  They could also give you pointers on riding a fairly technical trail that I doubt you have ever been exposed to .  I will be there give you advice on proper tire selection.  Might also be a chance for you to sample a craft beer instead of that Busch Light you're always drinking .

Todd

« Last Edit: June 24, 2012, 05:21 PM by Todd »

XXX

June 29, 2012, 10:24 AM

I'm in for this.

XXX
    Walt Hougas
    Trail Steward
    To Be A Man...

June 29, 2012, 08:06 PM

Walt,

I'm sure someone could could volunteer to guide you so you don't get lost.  They could also give you pointers on riding a fairly technical trail that I doubt you have ever been exposed to .  I will be there give you advice on proper tire selection.  Might also be a chance for you to sample a craft beer instead of that Busch Light you're always drinking .

Todd

Thanks Todd!!!!

I heard that Holy Sh1t trail is pretty awesome. I just bought a bike off of Craig's List. I'm so excited about riding Blue Mounds with this bad boy I'm about to pee my pants!!!

My Dad always said that fancy beers are for sissy men, so I'll stick with the Bud light, thanks anyway.

Walt

P.S. My bike already has tires, so I'm good to go. Edit/ Do you have a helmet I can barrow? /Edit

[attachment deleted by admin]

« Last Edit: June 29, 2012, 11:49 PM by sbear55 »

XXX
    imwjl
    Middleton Bike Park Trail Steward
    Trail Steward

June 29, 2012, 08:32 PM

Walt,

Todd

Thanks Todd!!!!

I heard that Holy Sh1t trail is pretty awesome. I just bought a bike off of Craig's List. I'm so excited about riding Blue Mounds with this bad boy I'm about to pee my pants!!!

My Dad always said that fancy beers are for sissy men, so I'll stick with the Bud light, thanks anyway.

Walt

P.S. My bike already has tires, so I'm good to go. Edit/ Do you have a helmet I can borrow? /Edit

I offered to drive Walt so he won't get lost. I know my ancestors got the horses 'n women mixed up but I'm just going to follow the sun.

I just removed the fenders on my bike n think Walt should too. I read on the Internet that color matching is good for an extra few MPH, and that fenders cause drag so he better paint those fenders or take em off.

XXX

June 29, 2012, 09:33 PM

Hmm. Hope this goes better than the last time I left on a ride from the top of the mound. Horribly Hilly really knocked the wind out of my sails.  I ended up walking in from the military ridge trail--way off course.

I will bring a different bike for this one.

Edit: Rode Blue Mounds Sat. Fell over, bruised ego and thigh. Will miss the ride and beverages

Alan

« Last Edit: July 01, 2012, 08:46 AM by Alan »

XXX
    Colin519

June 30, 2012, 11:25 AM

Man I really need to get to one of these events.   But Sunday's are my day to spend with my Dad. 

sorry guys  :'(

XXX
    farmguy
    Trail Steward - The Farm
    Trail Steward

June 30, 2012, 01:35 PM

But Sunday's are my day to spend with my Dad. 

Bring Dad  :)

~ Here uncultivated acres wait prime for adventure....back 40

XXX

July 01, 2012, 08:25 AM

Anybody think heading to Hooterville for a post ride beer and sandwich would be better than grilling out?  Hooterville has air conditioning!!

~ I like beer and men

XXX
    Walt Hougas
    Trail Steward
    To Be A Man...

July 01, 2012, 08:30 AM

I could go for some post-ride air conditioning.

Walt

XXX
    imwjl
    Middleton Bike Park Trail Steward
    Trail Steward

July 01, 2012, 08:42 AM

Anybody think heading to Hooterville for a post ride beer and sandwich would be better than grilling out?  Hooterville has air conditioning!!

I could go for some post-ride air conditioning.

Walt

There's a pool too.

Put a sign out or message to park entrance if we change plans? It's likely in people's calendars or plans who may not check in with the wet etc.....

I've been working outside and already feel hot and like a better day for coasting and shade than climbing or hammering.