•  

CamRock 7:30am 4th of July

g
    And last but not least.......

July 03, 2012, 11:45 AM

Anybody want to get a ride in on your off day before the heat sets in?  I am a back of the pack kinda guy FYI.

XXX
    Tim Barber
    Board Member at Large

July 03, 2012, 12:34 PM

If I get clearance from my doc to ride, then yes.

XXX

July 03, 2012, 01:13 PM

I'll be out there at the same time but riding against a schedule, planning to burn out two quick laps.

XXX
    blackbike (Scot E)
    None more black

July 03, 2012, 03:35 PM

Richard - slim chance I could make it but if I did I'd be looking for some fast laps as well.  You shooting right for 7:30?

~ Look up on the wall baby, hand me down my shootin' iron.
    Call your mother long distance, tell her to expect your body home.

XXX

July 03, 2012, 03:55 PM

Richard - slim chance I could make it but if I did I'd be looking for some fast laps as well.  You shooting right for 7:30?

Yea, I'll be trying to leave the camrock sport parking lot at 7:30. It will be pretty hot yet so I won't be pushing the pace too hard, but it will be at least moderate and just one or two planned stops to top off water.

XXX
    Tim Barber
    Board Member at Large

July 03, 2012, 04:13 PM

Doc gave me clearance to ride but take it easy....she actually preferred I MTB rather than road bike after a concussion?  Who knew.   I have to figure out how to adjust my trigger shifters so I can shift with my finger rather than the mangled thumb.

IOW, I will not be in the "fast pack."

XXX
    blackbike (Scot E)
    None more black

July 03, 2012, 06:42 PM

Yea, I'll be trying to leave the camrock sport parking lot at 7:30. It will be pretty hot yet so I won't be pushing the pace too hard, but it will be at least moderate and just one or two planned stops to top off water.
    I'm not sure yet...I'll either head out there (will be on the SS if I do) or go hit 50 on the road a little earlier in the morning - I'd rather MTB but the long road ride might be the better play with racing on Saturday.  But I haven't ridden cam rock in quite a while so it sounds appealing.  Tell you what, if I'm going to go I'll be there a bit before 730 so you'll know - if I'm not there don't wait for me.

XXX
    blackbike (Scot E)
    None more black

July 03, 2012, 06:45 PM

Doc gave me clearance to ride but take it easy....she actually preferred I MTB rather than road bike after a concussion?  Who knew.   I have to figure out how to adjust my trigger shifters so I can shift with my finger rather than the mangled thumb.

Sounds like a doc who doesn't know what mountain biking is...or maybe she doesn't want you to black out and weave in front of a car....Maybe I'll see you out there Tim.

The thumb stuff seems to be going around...

XXX
    The_Aaron
    Victory!

July 03, 2012, 07:02 PM

Alright, I'm in.  So, the fast/moderate riders are leaving from Camrock Sport at 7:30, right?  And Tim, you'll be leaving from Camrock 3 at 7:30? 

~ C'mon, lets go for a whirl

XXX
    Nelson
    Former Club President
    I ride bikes

July 03, 2012, 10:02 PM

I'll be out there from 0530 till 0730. Starting from CamRock Sport.

~ i like social d

XXX
    The_Aaron
    Victory!

July 03, 2012, 10:12 PM

Nelson, pm me your number. There is a very small chance I could make it out by 6 and meet you for a lap or two towards the middle or end of your ride.

« Last Edit: July 03, 2012, 10:15 PM by aperzigian »

XXX
    blackbike (Scot E)
    None more black

July 03, 2012, 11:24 PM

I'm 90% sure I'll do this instead of a road ride - hopefully we'll meet up at CR Sport at 7:30.  Would love to ride earlier but I just don't think I'm gonna make it happen tomorrow.
    Gotta finish this beer and go change a cog before I lose my motivation...

XXX
    Nelson
    Former Club President
    I ride bikes

July 04, 2012, 04:37 AM

yeah I'd say typing that msg at 2334 and rolling out at 0500 is an incongruity

~ i like social d

XXX
    The_Aaron
    Victory!

July 04, 2012, 05:36 AM

I'm riding with Nelson at six, so no one wait for me at 7:30 thanks, have a great ride

XXX
    g
    And last but not least.......

July 04, 2012, 07:12 AM

Not feeling well. Gonna have to bail on the ride.