•  

Flagging, Building, and riding this weekend

November 02, 2012, 11:43 AM

When works for people this weekend? I was thinking late morning saturday or sunday.

I'd like to get a good start on flagging and also build Alex's trail.

XXX

November 02, 2012, 12:25 PM

I would say Sunday would be best as there will probably be a sizeable amount of work/bodies at PV on Saturday with dirt and TTF getting done.

XXX

November 02, 2012, 02:22 PM

I can be there Sunday also, late morning works, that place needs to be raked, I'll bring one.

XXX

November 02, 2012, 06:19 PM

Sounds good, lets say sunday at 12. Feel free to come early or late.

Sent from my Motorola Electrify using Tapatalk 2

XXX

November 02, 2012, 06:25 PM

How much help do you need?  I get off of work at 12 on Sunday.  My bike is out of commission at the moment(need new crank) so no riding unfortunately, but I could help with trail work that doesn't require specific expertise if you could use more people.

XXX

November 04, 2012, 02:26 AM

I probably won't be able to make it anymore. My biking time for the weekend got taken up by an impromtu workday @ blackhawk. Theres plenty of leaves to rake though and trail to scope. And riding to do :P.

XXX

November 04, 2012, 10:38 AM

Is there a plan for what needs to get done?  I am trying to get over a cold but could get in a little work, at least do some raking if there is no other goal. 

XXX

November 04, 2012, 01:18 PM

Those trails are pretty darn clean, I would say mostly due to efforts prior to today.

XXX

November 04, 2012, 01:20 PM

Sweet. Well skota got out to do some flagging. Again sorry I couldn't make it, stay tuned for plans for next weekend.

XXX

November 05, 2012, 08:24 AM

So in red is what I flagged, it flows pretty good as far as I can tell and goes around some nice trees, adds character to the trail, In orange is what I'd like to flagg next, the only removal we'll need to do is small brush, no trees and we could probably whip this out in a weekend. I made sure not to get too close to the walking path or any of the other bike trails and kept wood features on the existing trail part of the reroute. Maybe we can go out there sometime this week to see if you like it. I should be able to work Saturday and Sunday this coming weekend.

XXX

November 09, 2012, 03:07 PM

Saturday morning could work for me.

I like the reroutes in general, but we could use even more trail. What if we condensed the reroutes and made more of them, or made the plans on the map to have even more twists and zig-zagging through the woods? We have limited space to work with, so the trails have to be close together if we want to add significant mileage to the trail.

A twisty trail can be a lot of fun if we plan it out.

Jeff

XXX

November 09, 2012, 08:24 PM

Really liked the twists Steve flagged out, the more of this the better.  I agree with Jeff, the twists and turns are fun and add mileage.  All QR is missing is the mileage.  The latest reroute on the upper climb is perfect and the downhill line works well too!  Tom was out there today, I'd like to hear what he thinks and see the new proposed DH line.  Once agreement on where to clear is reached call my cell so I can help.

XXX
    Colin519

November 10, 2012, 01:12 AM

I rode on Thursday the 8th and I have to say the new climb (eliminating the pea-gravel climb) is wonderful and really nice.  It just needs a big bern or two. 

As for the rest of the trails, they were nice but leaves are wet and didn't help when trying to turn (wrapped around tree) 
      But a someone with a backpack leaf blower walking the trail would do the trick.

XXX

November 10, 2012, 01:57 PM

I think we could plan this on a bigger scale. There is no need to keep the existing trail in any way except near the TTFs. Keeping the existing trail and making offshoots limits what we can do. Instead, how about a complete redesign in this area? Why limit the trail to an old decision on a route made 10 years ago? Instead, the trail could wander back and forth a lot more to add significant mileage. The trail would cross the existing trail, but never following the existing trail except near the TTFs. That way we can get away from the double track completely and make the trail a lot more interesting.

See the attached for my thoughts on trying to get the most mileage.

I'll do some scouting after work next week to see how much more trial we can add.

[attachment deleted by admin]

XXX

November 11, 2012, 07:24 PM

I think we could plan this on a bigger scale. There is no need to keep the existing trail in any way except near the TTFs. Keeping the existing trail and making offshoots limits what we can do. Instead, how about a complete redesign in this area? Why limit the trail to an old decision on a route made 10 years ago? Instead, the trail could wander back and forth a lot more to add significant mileage. The trail would cross the existing trail, but never following the existing trail except near the TTFs. That way we can get away from the double track completely and make the trail a lot more interesting.

See the attached for my thoughts on trying to get the most mileage.

I'll do some scouting after work next week to see how much more trial we can add.

good idea, except those areas are not in the woods. and i don't know if there are any elevations , it's almost in the ponds.

props to thinking different

i have no idea about the original plan. no idea if it was genius ornot.

~ It's not the ride, it's the rider.
    Go big or go home.
    Know what you are up against.