•  

Get out there if you want to ride the new lower section!

November 18, 2012, 03:20 PM

The new lower section re-routes are cleared and ready to ride!
    Skeet skeet skeet!
    Thanks Greg!

XXX

November 18, 2012, 06:54 PM

You talking about the areas that Jeff B had been posting on the map?...eliminating the straight section that parallels the pond? If so, wholly trail building batman. Thanks a ton for the work. You guys rock!

Sent from my Motorola Electrify using Tapatalk 2

XXX

November 18, 2012, 08:47 PM

We got a lot done today for sure.  Thanks Nate and Chris.  Special thanks to Steve the brush ape, you are going to be stiff tomorrow!!  This is just a taste of what is to come out there.  You flag it... we'll clear it.

XXX
    blackbike (Scot E)
    None more black

November 20, 2012, 01:29 PM

I rode through there a couple times today - it adds some nice distance.   It's what I would call on the Hutchens-esque end of how to get a lot of distance in a small space  ;D One can ride through there but it needs some more work before I'd call it "ready to ride singletrack" but the clearing is excellent.   You can definitely ride through though.  I had to stop a couple times to look carefully where the trail went.    Nice job guys.

By the way as of noon today QR is on the slightly dry masking tape end of tacky, it is just as fast of a ride as you can get out there right now.  You can rail the downhill almost without touching your brakes.

~ Look up on the wall baby, hand me down my shootin' iron.
    Call your mother long distance, tell her to expect your body home.

XXX

November 20, 2012, 06:24 PM

Rode the new stuff today.  As mentioned, it's not exactly ready yet, but it's enough that you can totally ride through it fine and see what the new trail is gonna be like.  It's gonna be cool once it gets cleared the rest of the way and broken in.  Thanks for the hard work, guys!

And as blackbike mentioned, QR is fast right now!  I haven't really ridden tacky stuff like that before and I was really surprised with the awesome grip.